Pages

Sunday, April 28, 2013

A Fun-Filled Saturday!

My Saturday was so much fun! It started with a quick trip to a few yard sales, and a thrift store trip! I found a few goodies....as usual! 

I love these sweet little frames as well a the prints in them. The colors in them are so pretty! 
They were $1 each!





This vintage embroidered tablecloth is really pretty and has embroidery scattered all over. It could be used as a tablecloth or cut apart and used for several projects! It was $0.50.


This large pillar candle holder was super pretty for $2. It will probably get a paint job at some point!


This sweet little bird theme piece of wall art couldn't be left behind! It did have some fall colored plastic maple leaves stuck around on it which I removed. I am definitely painting this piece, just not sure what color yet. It will reside in the guest room when I finish it, and it cost just $1.79.


Another pretty apothecary jar for just $0.50! I didn't have one like this! 
It's pretty good sized too...around a foot high!


A cute little slightly rusty galvanized pail! This will be so cute on the porch we are hoping to build this summer! It was $1!


I really like this sweet little measuring/mixing bowl. It was just $0.79!


I bought this sweet little gold leafy tree intending to take the little leaves off and use on crafty things, but it's growing on me and I might leave it as is and use it in vignettes! Too cute and just $0.79!


This was my splurge for the day at $7, but it was brand new with the tag still attached. It is a large, lidded basket. It works well to hold blankets in my living room and I am using it as a small side table. I found one online like it for $25, so I think I got a deal!


This little hanging basket was $1. I have actually been looking for one of these. It was brand new as well. I will be giving it a paint job for sure though...:)


I was so excited to find these! You might remember the one I made for myself a couple weeks ago. You can see it here. Anywho, today I bought 20 of them at $0.50 each and will be making them over to sell in my ETSY shop! Huge score!


This gorgeous chenille fringe trimmed tablecloth was a steal at $0.50! I am using it already!


And....I got a few other things which I will share in another post. 

After I got home, I helped my son get all dressed up for his senior prom, then we went to take pictures with his group of friends. He looks so handsome and his date is absolutely gorgeous in her pretty orange sherbet colored dress! Check out that stunning hand-carved door behind them. Wish it were mine!


Here's the whole gang being silly in front of their limo!


And here's the whole gang again....:)


Bittersweet....his last prom! I love this kid so much....he's always the life of the party...:) You can't tell by looking at his serious expression, but he had everyone cracking up while we were standing around waiting for the limo! All the parents think he is so funny! He is a nut....but, he truly enjoys life and everything it had to offer! He keeps me young...:) 

After pictures, my hubby and I went to see the prom decorations before it started, then we went out to supper. After supper, we went by to visit some friends who recently had a baby. She's 3 weeks old now and I had to get some sweet sugar...she's precious! Look at that hair...:)


After that, we came home and well, you are reading what I did next! I wrote a blog post, edited prom pictures, and caught up on reading some of your blogs! Thanks for visiting...:)
Have a blessed Sunday!

Until next time.....

3 comments:

  1. Vicky you had a busy day!! Oh the last prom, it's bittersweet isn't it. He looks like a wonderful young man! Love all your yardsale finds! My goodness score on the linens at 50 cents each! I love the bird wall art and think it will look wonderful painted. Wishing you a wonderful Sunday!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wonderful day indeed - wow, the kids all look great, and you got some fun bargains too! I haven't been thrifting for a couple weeks, but I sure enjoy seeing what you've found!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those little zipper bags were a great find, perfect for making over. What will you do to them? Hope you show us. So bittersweet to see your son enjoying his last prom, I know. Onward and upward, though, right?
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....