Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Before & After.....Wristlet

Today is going to be a quickie post because I need to get to bed early tonight! Tomorrow night is Grad Bash at Universal Studios for Florida's graduating Class of 2013!


 You may remember me mentioning my son, Dakota is a high school senior! I am also his class sponsor, so I will be attending as a chaperone. Luckily my hubby will be going also so I have someone to hang out with. Anywho.....that leads me to the reason for this post. I don't want to take a purse or bag tomorrow night, however, I do need to take something for my phone, ChapStick, ibuprofen (if needed), and some money! I decided to take one of these cute little wristlets I had on hand, redo it, and make it cute! I bought 4 of these at a yard sale for fifty cents each a couple weeks ago. I'm glad now I did! Here is what it looked like before.....


They have the logo for the Hook Up product line on them, but I knew this could easily be covered. The little bags are made from a heavy duty canvas and are very well constructed. I wish there had been more of them for that price! Here is what I did with it!


Not bad for fifty cent! I already had the felt, beads, and buttons on hand so no cost for those! The buttons are vintage from my grandpa's old button jar...:)


Here you can see my iPhone in it. There is plenty of room for my necessities, but it's not too big to carry around all night...:)


I found the tutorial for making the flowers at The Crafted Sparrow. Go check her out! They were so simple to make, I was done with the whole process in under an hour...:) Well, I better get off here and head to bed....tomorrow night is going to be a long night since we aren't expected to get back until early Saturday morning. I'm getting too old for this....LOL! Pray for me, that I can stay up all night! 

I'm linking up with Diann for Thrifty Things Friday....


Go check it out!

Until next time..

8 comments:

  1. So pretty, what a great idea to redo the wristlets. Going to check out the flower making tutorial too. Visiting from TTF! Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and thanks for the follow! I just got back from visiting your blog....love it! I am following you now as well...:) Please stop by anytime...:)

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  2. Wow! You made that wristlet adorable! Great job!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Hope you're having a blessed weekend!

      Vicky

      Delete
  3. It turned out great! I bet everyone will ask you where you found it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magali! Hope you're having a wonderful weekend!

      Vicky

      Delete
  4. So cute! What a lot of style you gave that little bag. Hope you ended up having fun and making memories!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Liz! We had a blast....:)

      Vicky

      Delete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....