Pages

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

awake.....alive.....blessed

My heart is aching for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing. Such a senseless act of violence so soon after the Sandy Hook shootings that took place not so many months ago. And this marathon was paying tribute to the victims of the shooting. Some Sandy Hook families that were there. To be involved in two such tragedies in one lifetime is unheard of.
This nation is praying.....may God be with those families.....


My heart is also aching for my dear friend and coworker who lost her mother to lung cancer yesterday. She fought the battle for 10 long months but finally went on to be with the Lord. After having lost my father-in-law to cancer not quite a year and a half ago, I know the pain she is going through. Losing someone you dearly love hurts so very much. I cannot imagine losing my mama. My heart just hurts for her.....

And just a short while ago, I got a call from my mother-in-law telling me that her niece, my husband's first cousin, was diagnosed with full blown leukemia today after a weekend trip to the ER and many tests. Oh how my heart aches for her. She is just a few years older than me and has small grandchildren. I pray she can beat it....she's already begun chemo and will be having her spleen removed soon. It was incredibly enlarged due to the cancer wreaking havoc on her. She also has 5 hernias that I am sure are going to need to be repaired. Her storm is just beginning, bless her heart.....I cannot imagine. God is good though and He will life her up and see her through. She will be in my prayers daily.


Sorry to be such a downer today, that truly wasn't my intention. I am just overwhelmed with sadness for so many. I would so much appreciate you keeping these precious ladies in your prayers. I know they would appreciate them as well. My prayer is that a cure for cancer will some day be found. 
This wretched disease affects so many......

Hope you have a wonderful Wednesday! Tomorrow starts science FCAT testing and that is the subject I teach. I pray my kiddos do well and remember everything they have learned this year! 
And to look on the bright side, I am happy to be.......



Until next time.....

4 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky, Just wanted to tell you I just added your blog to my Blog List. It will be nice to stop over and chat with you! Hope your having a good week, we are having some terrible dust storms. Praying for moisture!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome....thanks! Hopefully the Lord will bless you with some rain soon! Thanks for stopping by...:)

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  2. I can only hope grieving people will find some comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Magali...:) Hope you are having a wonderful day!

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....