Pages

Sunday, April 14, 2013

A Sweet Weekend!

Hello everyone! I hope you have had a beautiful weekend...:) Mine was really good, but has went way too fast! It started out with me taking Friday off to get a hair cut and take care of a few things before we went to Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Friday night for Grad Bash 2013! We had a blast! The hubs went with me and chaperones got special treatment with fast passes for the rides and special lounge areas to rest with free drinks and snacks! Since hubby and I don't ride roller coasters, we rode lots of virtual & 4D rides. We had a ton of fun! Here's the one and only picture I was able to get of my son and some of his buddies before we entered the park. Dakota's the one in the middle in the burgundy striped shirt....being goofy as usual! They all had such a good time....love these boys!


I went into a candy shop that was so cute I had to take pictures to share.
 Here they are....

Love the pink staircase that led to nowhere.....filled with apothecary jars filled with candy.


Pretty lollipops and faux ice cream cones.


Love the aqua blue unit filled with candy dispensers!


This was the biggest apothecary jar I have ever seen!


More beautiful jars filled with candy and a cool scale!


This was the tallest of the jars and the tallest one I've ever seen!


Bertie Botts Every Flavor Beans....yes this candy shop was the Honeydukes Candy Shop in the Harry Potter section of Islands Of Adventure. Too Cool!


Even more jars full of candy!


This was in a different candy shop....look at all the candy coated apples! Can you say.....YUM!!!
I only ended up buying one small piece of candy at one of the shops, but I sure do love to look at the different varieties! So pretty, and colorful!


Fortunately we were able to stay up all night, but we slept off and on all day Saturday. My daughter, Miranda was home for the weekend and she caught up on her rest with us...:) It was a relaxed weekend, but I really enjoyed it! Tomorrow starts FCAT testing at school and I'm not looking forward to it! It must be done, so I might as well get ready! Have I said I am so ready for summer break? It will be here soon.....with lots of fun and activities between now and then! Enjoy the rest of your weekend....:)

Until next time.....

 
 

4 comments:

  1. Glad you had so much fun over the weekend. You are going to need it to administer all those standardized tests! I do not miss those at all. I was hoping you took a walk and would post about it. It rained here and I did not get out! I will be honest. Sometimes I let you take the walk and I take the credit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....I wish I could have walked but even if I had been able to, it poured rain all evening here as well! We even had tornado watches out until 10 pm! It's calmed down now though...:) I hope to post a walk again soon!

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  2. How fun it all looks. That candy shop is so pretty with the jars and the aqua and I could go on and on. Glad you and your son had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! It was a lot of fun...:)

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....