Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Decor by Vicky....and Decor by Our Creator!

Hello everyone....I hope this Sunday afternoon finds you all well and rested and ready to begin a new week! I have had a really productive weekend....it started with a little treasure hunting, followed by coming home and recovering the ottoman I found and finding homes for many of my recently found treasures! I also went for a walk with mama and as usual I have some photos to share! Today, my hubby, son, and I went to my mother-in-laws for lunch and to finish up some yard work for her. My husband takes care of things around her house since his dad passed away almost a year and a half ago. I helped her spruce up her porch a little and then we came home where I spent the afternoon helping my niece, Taylor redo a chair (paint and upholstery). It is super cute....you will see as you scroll down! After that, I came home and spent an hour or so photographing items I am listing in my ETSY store (it's a lot of work to get it up and going)! After that, I went to mama's house and potted some basil to place in my kitchen window and then we went for a walk! Anywho, here are some photos from the weekend!

First up is a pretty tray I found yesterday for $2. I absolutely love it! It looks like burlap, but it's plastic. I took the burlap table cover and beadboard tray off the table and replaced it with this new tray and I love it!




Next up is my new side table! I absolutely love it and got it for only $12.50! It is in near perfect condition! 


I placed a pretty white hankie I got earlier in the week for a quarter on it and basically kept it the same as it was before with the addition of a couple more books.


I love the pedestal and the pretty little feet! Excuse the ugly carpet and cords! I can't wait to get new flooring one day...:)


Here's the cutie chair I redid for my sweet niece Taylor....:) She picked out Krylon Banner Red to paint it with. Sorry I forgot to get a before photo! It was a light tan color with a faded pink seat....lovely (said with sarcasm)!


I love the sweet print she chose for the seat!


And here's the basil plants I got from mama's seedlings. Aren't the tiny leaves adorable...:)


I love the look of the white pots against the weathered grey of the picnic table.


So....I got to thinking while trying to name this post, that God designs such pretty decor for me to see each and every day! I never cease to be amazed at His handiwork! 
Here are a few pictures from yesterday's walk...

These are my mama and daddy's fruit trees they recently planted. 


This beautiful old oak in their yard is covered with fern...:)


Before we started walking, I laid back in mama's lounge chair for a minute or two and this was my view...:)
Oh so peaceful! And just look at the colors God chose to decorate with here.....that beautiful blue sky and the fresh spring green and deep greys & browns of the limbs! He has excellent taste in decor!


Well, I would have loved to lounge for a while, but a walking we went! Along the way, I spotted the pine tree blooms. I love the longleaf pine trees we have here. I love how some of the blooms are shaped like a cross. You can see if you enlarge the photos.



 Just look at the beautiful blue sky and fluffy white clouds in these pictures....perfect!


I spotted these gorgeous little yellow blooms on a vine growing on a tree. The color is absolutely beautiful! I put a lovely scripture on this photo of God's beautiful decor! This little cluster of flowers came home with me and joined a few other flowers from my yard in a beautiful bouquet on my dining room table. Tomorrow I'll be sharing the table....I created my first tablescape! I must say I love it and now have a new hobby! More on that tomorrow!


Here's a sneak peek! 


I hope you enjoyed your visit...:) I always enjoy sharing what I've been up to and the lovely comments you leave....:) They make me feel so good! 
My life is full, I am blessed,  and my cup runneth over.
Have a beautiful week...until next time.....

 
 

6 comments:

  1. Vicky, as always thank you so much for the post - I feel as if I have spent the weekend with you. Love the photographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And as always....thank you for your kind words! I always love hearing from you...:) I can't wait to see the treasures from your weekend!

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  2. This is such a lovely post Vicky of your weekend. I love the moss on the branches - what a great canopy. Thanks for sharing. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Chel...I'm glad you enjoyed it! Have a blessed week...Vicky

      Delete
  3. Beautiful images and thoughts! Love seeing the scenes from your walk amongst God's decor! Looks like you discovered some great treasures this week too. What bargains! The chair turned out adorably. The best part is the memories you made together!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Liz....I so enjoy all the beauty that nature has to offer! I'm glad that a few of my new friends seem to enjoy them too! It makes my heart smile!
      Vicky

      Delete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....