Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

White Dish Jackpot!

Hello everyone! I hope you all are having a fabulous weekend! I have been enjoying mine. After work on Friday, I went to a couple thrifts and then went to my parents house to celebrate my niece and dad's birthdays. We had a yummy supper, shrimp fettuccine Alfredo, garlic bread, and salad,  followed by pound cake and fried Oreos. It was all tasty and spending time with the family was fun and relaxing! 

Here are the things I found after work...:) 
I have a hard time resisting anything with an H of it. This sweet little vase was $2.


These pretty vintage pillow cases were another great find....I love the pretty pink ric rac on the edges. 
They were $2.50 I think!


This set of 6 placemats was a good deal at $4. 
They are in perfect condition and I love the pretty rose pink color.


The basket was $2 and the lace was all in a bag together for $2. 
There are several yards of it and 5 different ones.


I found a box full of these large letters for $2 each. They didn't have the letters I needed, but I was able to improvise. You will see in tomorrow's post what I spelled with them! I bought an e, d, and f!


I love this sweet little cast iron Fleur-de-lis...it was just $1. I will be painting it white and distressing it soon!


This frame is absolutely gorgeous! It holds a Monet print, which I'm not really crazy about. I will be removing it and painting the frame white and distressing it. I'm thinking I might turn it into a chalkboard. I paid $6 for it, but priced the print online, and framed, it was over $50....for just a plain frame. I think it was worth what I paid for it...:)


See the pretty details...:)


I also got these two faux silver trays. I have a couple ideas for how I plan to use them, but haven't made up my mind yet. They were $0.99 each.


I lucked up on this wood file cabinet for just $5.  I didn't like the honey oak color, but knew it could easily be painted, so home with me it went! I have been wanting to replace my old metal file cabinet, so I was thrilled to find this one! I have already painted it (my first chalk paint job) and will be sharing it tomorrow!


Today the hubby and I got up early and went to Lake City with the intention of going to the flea market, but it rained all day so we skipped that stop. We did however check out a Goodwill and Hospice Thrift store that we hadn't been to before. I am so glad we did! I hit the jackpot on a set of white dishes!!!
I spotted the box sitting on the floor with a ton of white dishes in it marked $16.99. It was marked down from $25.99. The dishes were so pretty and other that a small chip on 3 pieces, in pristine condition! 
Here is the back label.....



Here they are! Look at the gorgeous shape of the handles on the cups and that beautiful serving bowl standing in the background.


I fell in love with these beautiful dishes and brought them home with me. After I got home, I looked them up to see what they were worth and was astounded to see the prices! On Replacements, these pieces I bought would cost just over $400! I definitely hit the jackpot with these! There are 11 dinner plates, 11 salad plates, 11 saucers, 6 bowls, 6 teacups, and a serving bowl. I love the color white too...they are just perfect!  I cannot wait to have open shelving in my kitchen one day to show these pretty dishes off...:)


Ok....so I also found this pretty set of napkins....6 for $1.50. They have never been used. They will be perfect for a Saint Patrick's Day or even Christmas tablescape. The silver and gold threading is so pretty.


I also bought these 3 faux silver trays for $0.99 each. I am thinking about displaying them on the wall. 
I love that look!


And the last thing I bought was this sweet little vintage rose plate for a quarter! 
It will hang in my craft room....:)

 

I am so excited to share a couple projects with you all tomorrow. If it ever stops raining, I have another project planned! Hopefully tomorrow. I thought I lived in the sunshine state, but this week has been more like the rainforest! I'm not complaining though....I love the rain! I am enjoying the sound of it hitting my tin roof as I type this post! I hope you have a blessed Sunday...:) I will be back tomorow to share my transformations....so y'all come back now....ya hear!

Until then....
 
 

6 comments:

  1. WOW! Call me up next time you go thrifting :) What amazing finds ... I especially like the rose plate and lace - very pretty! Enjoy your new goodies.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really found some treasures! I would love to find a file cabinet like that. The lace and the frame and the dishes! You did very well! Have a wonderful Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how you do it. Your thrifty finds always amaze me! The dishes are a fantastic find. Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky you hit the jackpot! The dishes are very pretty and white is a perfect set to have! Love the frame, the lace, the fleur-de-lis, the filing cabinet...well everything! Awesome finds! Can't wait to see some of your projects. It's been raining here also but I think I see sunshine so I'm going to try to work on a project today!

    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great finds, Vicky! Love the lace, the dishes and the file cabinet. Can't wait to see your first chalk paint project. My favorite was the sweet rose plate. It will be lovely hanging. We have had an inch of rain since midnight so still no painting of furniture done. I am ready for some sun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can't beat a pretty set of white dishes. You will get so much use out of them and the handles are adorable. Love that last plate with the roses on it. Reminds me of something at our house when I was growing up. Looks like you had a fun hunt!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....