Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Nothin' But Blue Skies...:)

Happy Wednesday everyone. I hope you are all having a wonderful week so far! Mine has been busy, but good overall. Yesterday, I attended my son's senior class breakfast. It was a really sweet time. They had a slide show of pictures and music....kind of choked up a couple times, but made it through...:) It has been so fun sponsoring the Class of 2013! I love some of those kids so much. After the breakfast, I went to work and was having a pretty good day, until after lunch. We had taken our 5th graders out to play kickball and one of  my students tripped and fell shoulder first on his left side and snapped his humerus (upper arm bone)
 into. It was a compound fracture and tried to go through the skin, but fortunately it just poked through a little and did not come all the way out. I saw the whole incident and went with his to the nurse's clinic while they called his dad. He was such a trooper....he never cried! It hurt me to look at it....:( I hope he is back at school tomorrow! Today was a crazy day at work, but I made it through, came home and accomplished a few things on my to do list, and then headed to town to decorate for the bridal shower tomorrow night. It turned out so cute. I will share photos soon...:) On the way home, I had to stop and take photos of the glorious sky painted by the Master's hand...:) Isn't it just gorgeous? Look at the edges of the cloud....they were lit up from the sun hiding behind.


This was over a corn field....so pretty the way the corn stalks meet the sky!


I love how the sun is exploding out the side here...:)


Simply majestic!


Here's a sweet photo of my little Farah...:) She is napping on my lap as I type this. She is so sweet! I gave her a bath last night, she's not so cute when wet....lol!


I also wanted to share this strange plant in my mother-in-law's yard. A few weeks ago, it started turning from solid green to this bright fluorescent red color and then it started blooming. This is the most unusual plant I have ever seen. Check it out. 


This is the bloom. They kind of look like match sticks to me before they open. 



Here is what they look like open. Pretty little blooms aren't they?

Anyone know what this plant is called? My mother-in-law couldn't remember the name and I have tried looking it up with no success thus far. If you know, please leave me a comment and let me know. I pray each of you have a blessed Thursday! Thanks so much for visiting...:) 
Until next time.....

 
 

8 comments:

  1. Awww... how sweet is Farah! And your pictures are truly a work of beauty. I enjoyed looking at them and reading the precious words you wrote on the photos.

    Have a wonderful long weekend :)

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much to comment on . . .

    . scary when a student is injured on your watch - hope he is okay.
    . the sky was spectacular - it made me think of the tragedy in Oklahoma wondering what the sky looked like as the tornado swept through
    . that plant is amazing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky,
    Sorry to hear a student was injured.. hope all is ok.
    Your kitty is adorable! Your photo's are lovely.. isn't it nice when you notice things like that.. just adds to the awe of how amazing God is.

    Have a blessed day.
    -Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your pupils is on the mend. The pictures are lovely and Farah is definitely a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! Farah is so sweet...and tiny! Oh my, your poor student, how stressful..good it's almost the week-end.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Poor student! Lovely and inspirational photos and quotes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely sky, Farrah is adorable and that plant is wonderful (but I've no idea what it is). I so hope your student is going to be OK. That is hard to see. Wishing your son a great last few days of his Senior Year!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know how scary it is when a student gets injured. I hope he bounces back soon. Beautiful photography. The plant is certainly interesting - both the foliage and the blooms.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....