Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Walking With God!

Those of you who are regular followers, know that I walk at least 2 miles almost daily. Granted, there are days that I just can't walk due to rain, or an obligation to be somewhere else during the time I normally walk, but for the most part, I walk pretty much every day. I always walk with my mama and sometimes my Aunt Loretta joins us as well. We almost always take the same route, but occasionally change it up a bit. It never ceases to amaze me that I can spot so many new things almost every day! Every single day I notice God's beauty! I am sharing some of my walking photos from the past week...:) I hope you enjoy them.

Looking at the photo below, you may find yourself wondering if I live in the jungle! It amazes me how fast the vines have grown this spring! A lot of this is wild grape vine....it has taken over like Kudzu!


This huge leaf caught my eye....the one in the center of the photo. It was massive...at least 12 inches at it's widest point! Amazing...:)

 

The moon was oh so pretty on one of our walks this week. It was a half moon!


I spotted this honeysuckle growing in the wild. We couldn't figure out how it got there unless the seed got carried by the wind or an animal. Honeysuckle smells heavenly! I broke this piece off and mama is trying to root it!


The sunset was just beautiful here. The sun rays were coming up through a cloud over the trees, but you can't see it in this photo. It's still pretty enough to share though!


I love dandelions! In the words of Phil Robertson, they make me happy, happy, happy!
 Isn't this a pretty photo?


And...I love the rusty fence wire in this photo!


The dandelions were growing along this fence row. Look at the pretty wild vine growing along the fence...:)


Mama spotted this pretty caterpillar. His coloring was perfect for spring!


She also spotted this one on a different day! She's good at spotting crawling critters...:)


I love the fresh green color of the new growth on these pines. 


Look at mama's beautiful gardenia....these smell heavenly as well!


And...look at the new growth in her sago palm. I love to watch them grow. It seems like they grow an inch a day! When they start to unfurl, they are so pretty!



Have you ever heard of milkweed? Ever wonder where it gets it's name? This is just a weed that grown here in Florida. The leaves are very pretty, both in color and their veining. Look carefully and you can see where this weed gets its name. See the puddle of "milk" dripping from the broken leaf?


Here's a closer shot of it.....you can see it dripping from the vein. Pretty cool isn't it?


Ok....so I have a couple more to share that were not from my walks! My mom and I went to watch my nephew, Jacob, play Lacrosse on Saturday and then went shopping. The ditches on the way were just full of Black-eyed Susan's and Phlox. They are gorgeous! I had to pull over and take a quick photo to share!


And lastly, I wanted to share the cute little pitcher I bought while shopping Saturday to add to my white pitcher collection. This one is new, I bought it at Michael's while shopping for the bridal shower. It was normally $10, but it was half price and I had a 25% off my order coupon, so that made it $3.75. I just had to have this little cutie! She fits in nicely with all my others, although they are a little jealous of her sweet little leaf  and vine design! LOL!


Well, I hope you enjoyed walking with me and seeing some of God's handiwork! Try to take time this week to notice the little things in the big picture of life. You just might be amazed!

Until next time......

6 comments:

  1. Such beautiful walks and amazing scenery and wildlife. Sometimes we take things for granted until they are no longer there. I work in very holy surroundings so we are reminded often of His work and to take time out to reflect (difficult sometimes when you have a pile of administration to deal with!). Have a wonderful week. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so lucky to have such a gorgeous place to walk. I agree that God's beauty is always changing and it's awesome to watch. Lovely photos and thank you for sharing them. Your new little white pitcher is very sweet!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love walking too, but since my hubby's hospital stay last year haven't gotten back on track. Do you wear a pedometer as well?

    I have no excuse but my lazy self~ I should bring my camera with me as I walk too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, Vicky, I can now go to sleep. Love all the thoughts and photos - so special to share your walks with us. My favorite was the phlox and black-eyed Susans.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what beautiful pictures! Everything is so green luscious! I felt like I was in the jungle :)

    Thanks for sharing, dear friend, and I hope you have a wonderful week.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you shared the sights from your walk. They were beautiful. It looks like you live in a beautiful rural area. Wildflowers? I could only wish! That dandelion photo was gorgeous! Keep walking and keep snapping those photos!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....