Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Green Smoothies Goodness!

Hello! I promised a post on green smoothies today. Have you ever tried one? There are lots of versions, but this is mine and my hubby's favorite. I don't measure anything, but we use either Greek, plain, or vanilla yogurt.....I try to use Greek, but sometimes I can't get it for whatever reason. I also use banana, crushed pineapple in it's own juice, and mandarin oranges. I don't measure anything....I just add in a big dollop (approximately 1/2 cup) of yogurt, about a fourth of a can of pineapple, a third of a can of mandarin oranges (large cans), 1 banana, and a handful or two of spinach. You can make yours to your taste, but we have found this to be our favorite. The flavors go very well together and you can't taste the spinach at all. This makes two smoothies.....the amount always varies a little because I don't measure anything. 
Here are a few pictures.....




The final product. I sometimes make them the night before and put them in jars for easy access the next morning. I am NOT a morning person and sleep until the last possible minute, so this makes life easier...:) I hope you will consider trying one....they are healthy and very tasty too! Some folks have a hard time thinking about drinking spinach, but I pinky promise you can't taste it! Let me know if you try one or comment and tell me how you make yours! 


Have a fabulous day and as always.....
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....