Pages

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Laundry Room Reveal!

Well friends...the laundry room is 90% complete so I am sharing with you today! This was the quickest redo we have accomplished in our home to date. Of course, it has everything to do with the small size of this room, which is approximately 5' X 6". It contains only my washer and dryer and a broom closet which is not complete so I won't be sharing pix of it today.

Welcome! 
Step through the door and check out what I have done with this tiny space! If you want to see the before, you can click here!


First, I will remind you that the reason we even remodeled this room was due to the fact that my washing machine broke last week and had to be replaced. Since my dryer was really old as well, we decided to buy a new matching set. I love the pretty new set I got. We went with a more old fashioned set with knobs instead of a digital key pad. The hubby wanted simple...less to tear up...and honestly, I did too. This one has more bells and whistles than my old set for sure and does way more than I will ever learn how to use I'm sure. We installed corrugated tin for wainscoting and I love it! It looks so good in this small space. You may notice the crown molding is not finished...we ran out and I have to get more. I also have to go pick out a new light fixture. We installed shelves over the washer & dryer to hold all sorts of things. 


The top of the dryer holds my laundry supplies. The small basket holds dryer sheets. 


I used a variety of baskets and containers that I already owned. The only new purchase for this room was the black and white striped canvas tote on the bottom shelf. I bought it at the Target $ Spot last night after we picked up the washer and dryer. I am loving black and white stripes these days and I couldn't resist this cutie for $3!


I used a mix of natural wicker and straw baskets, as well as silver and black. I wanted to use neutrals against the aqua blue walls.


Every piece of "art" on the walls are things I already had or was created with things I already had. This glass covered burlap is my basket storage list. It is written in dry erase so I can easily change out things in the baskets and just erase and rewrite the contents as needed. I hung my dictionary page/vintage graphic art pieces beside it. To the left is my back door.


The other wall holds my ironing board shelf that I made a couple years ago, as well as a couple framed pieces and some galvanized wall buckets. I haven't decided what to store in these yet but I will label them when I do. The broom closet is just to the right of the ironing board shelf.


This is my favorite little vignette...:) My Scrabble tiles are such fun!


Sadie was happy to have her bowls back in their "home" after the remodel...:)


I love, love, love the corrugated tin walls!


This little area still needs work. It is the wall that still needs crown molding. It also needs corner moldings and a new light switch box and plate in white. I painted the electrical panel box to help camouflage it and will hang my ironing board and iron on this wall.


I added this label after I took the photos above. I always keep a bucket or basket to put dirty dish towels in. You can also get a closer look at the fabric I made the curtain from. It was made to hide the hoses and such behind the washer and dryer. I used fabric I got in my surprise box from Decor Steals earlier in the year. It is perfect in here I think!


One more shot before I leave you. I hope you enjoyed your tour of my tiny laundry room! Some day when we finish the broom closet and kitchen pantry, I will share those as well. We ahve been so blessed to have been able to remodel as much as we have over the past couple years. 
It is true that good things come to those who wait...:) 


I hope you all have a lovely day! Thanks as always for stoping by!

Until next time.....


20 comments:

  1. Vicky, I think your laundry room is so cute! I love all that you have done. The baskets with numbers is really nice. It just makes you want to go in there and hang out. Great job!!

    Hugs, Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your laundry room! The aqua color is gorgeous and looks great as a backdrop to the natural colors of the baskets and shelves. Score!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a skill my friend.. love that aqua color with the metal and the white..
    The numbered baskets, your neat decor, and well - just all of it looks great together.
    Great job!

    -Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is way beyond pretty, Vicky. It turned out great! Love the tin, of course! Isn't that a fun element? Let's see, I love the black and white tote from Target too and in their $spot too! The ironing board shelf is cute, you know I love your artwork, love baskets in a laundry room! It really looks wonderful, my friend. The Aqua is such a happy color. I know you will enjoy this space for a long time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your laundry room looks so pretty Vicky. I have the basket number system in mine and it works perfectly. I like how you have the baskets sitting on the dryer. I shall copy that :-) Love it all. I hope you're having a nice summer. I've been so busy but I hope to be blogging again soon. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky, this turned out so cute! Love the walls and the art, but my fav are the numbered baskets and the list on the wall. What a great idea!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Between your craft room and your new laundry room...it is all awesome!!! My laundry room is still in the 60's !!! Browns/orange/cream...it needs a makeover soon!
    warmly,
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Vicky, your laundry room is adorable and so cozy! Yes, I am in love with it. And speaking of love.... I LOVE the tin walls! What a fabulous idea, my friend! Thanks for sharing your loveliness with us.

    Hugs to you! And happy washing {{smiles}}

    ReplyDelete
  9. For a small space, that room is sure livin' large! So many cool details, not the least of which are the tin walls. What a great idea Vicky! I can understand why you like them so much.

    Btw, I took a look at your craft space too. You're cookin with gas my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Vicky, I stopped in to see your lovely room! So happy that you have another room updated! And yes thos walls look so vintage! Just makes you want to do a load of laundry LOL
    Hope you are having a wonderful summer! Thinking of working on some things in my craft room, Your the other day inspired me! Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, I love it Vicky! Those metal walls are awesome! I was thinking about doing that in my laundry room but decided against it for some reason, I kind of wish I had done it now but maybe I can do it in another room!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! I love those great baskets for organizing everything. I have a laundry closet and would give my eye teeth for a laundry room as big as yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your laundry room turned out amazing. The aqua is so pretty, and I love the corrugated tin wainscotting. What a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh Vicky, I love it. You are so creative and turned a laundry room into a fun room. I wouldn't mind washing clothes if I had that space. Great job!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vicky, wow I love your beautiful laundry room! It looks so neat and organized with your baskets on the shelves. Have fun doing laundry in there. Lol! Have a wonderful day and weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never seen corrugated tin walls and they are fabulous! Love your mix of wicker baskets too. The dictionary page pics look great and what cute idea for the basket storage sign. LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The corrugated tin walls are a great idea - it makes your room look like an authentic wash house. Love the aqua walls with the baskets and the galvanized tin containers. Wish my laundry room was this big.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great makeover- and so quick and thrifty! I love the metal wall covering you used. It adds a bit of shimmer and a lot of texture. It is quite the contrast to your wicker baskets and burlap artwork. Sorry about needing to by new appliances ($$$) but if it leads to being able to redecorate - hurray!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You've just inspired me to paint my electrical panel and do something about the dungeon that is my laundry room. Yours is lovely! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness! Dearest Vicky, I am absolutely loving your laundry room...what a delightful place to tackle the never-ending task of laundry...I am sure it makes this job much more pleasant...:). I adore the blackboard sign saying wash, dry, fold, repeat - haha! Just perfect:)
    And the little baskets are so sweet...you are truly an inspiration, Vicky! What a wonderful job you and your husband have done of remodeling your home!
    Hope your headache is gone now!
    Many blessings and big hugs to you!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....