Pages

Sunday, March 3, 2013

A Lovely Weekend!

I really wish there were three days to the weekend! I need a day to clean and catch up on life, and two days to play and have fun! Who's with me? I guess I should be happy....at least I am a teacher and have lots of time off work....spring break is just around the corner! Can I get a Woo! Hoo! I am excited and ready for it to get here! I have several projects planned as well as hopefully going to Tally to visit my beautiful daughter, Miranda, a possible trip to Orlando or Tampa to visit IKEA and hopefully opening my ETSY store! I have probably 25-35 items to list but that's it....I have a lot to do!

Anywho, I had a wonderful weekend..:) If you ready yesterday's post, you saw the awesome restaurant where I ate lunch. Before that I hit up a couple of yard sales where I found a few things that followed me home...;) I got this cute little wooden stepladder for $5. I plan to paint it either white or aqua blue and sand off some of the paint to give it a shabby look. I plan to put it on my porch when we get it built and add some potted plants to it! I also found another metal planter....that makes 3 so far and I found a couple I forgot I had when I went to get my Easter decor out of my shed earlier! 


I also bought 2 of these cement garden decorations for $5. They are really pretty and will look nice incorporated into my flowerbeds this spring and summer!


I found a few other things which I will share soon. I enjoyed walking around in my yard today and looking at all the beautiful flowers that are blooming. The first two are camelias. If you look closely, you can see the hint of blue edges on this gorgeous hot pink one. The other one is a bud, yet to open, but so pretty! I love nature...:)



Here are the new leaves on my blue hydrangeas...I can't wait to see them in full bloom! The leaves are such a bright green!


Next up are my azaleas....three different shades of pink!




My kitty Cruella (aka...Cru Cru and Cruisy Do) wanted some love and kept wrapping around my legs and purring, wanting to be picked up...:) Isn't she sweet?


After I came inside, I finished up my dessert for a family get-together at my Aunt Loretta's house for my cousin (her son) who is here visiting from Colorado. This cake is called a Hawaiian Wedding Cake and let me just say....it was every bit as tasty as it looks and there wasn't a morsel of it left over! Everyone loved it! You can find the recipe here. The only thing I changed was the coconut....I toasted mine. Yummo! I love toasted coconut!


Please don't drool all over your keyboard...lol!


Speaking of my Aunt Loretta....here are a couple pictures I took at her house. She lives in my grandparents old homestead. It is one of my favorite places on Earth! Look at those gorgeous azaleas....they are covered in blooms! Check out the beautiful ivy growing up the trees!


And....hanging from the trees....beautiful!


I will be sharing photos of her home decor off and on, so I will start with a couple from her dining room. I took dozens of photos and didn't begin to get it all! 

These are taken in one corner of her dining room. Lots of piggies here...notice the artwork on the walls and the pigs on the table. I love the print of the pig sailing off the dock into the pond....too cute!


The table is an old sewing machine base with a picture frame top. The frame contains a piece of embroidery. and a sweet piggie vignette on top!


You can see it here.....


Isn't the flying pig cute? 


One last one for today. She has had this wood pieced rocking horse picture for years. I have always loved this piece....:) It hangs over the buffet. I didn't get pictures of the buffet today because it was cleared off to hold desserts for the dinner we had. I will take some soon and share more pictures of the rest of the dining room soon! If you love country decor, keep checking back!


I hope you had a wonderful weekend too! 
Until next time....
 
 

5 comments:

  1. Love your pictures, the flowers are wonderful and that pig is just the cutest. Thanks for the cake recipe, it sounds fantastic and I will definitely make it. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words Marty and thanks so much for stopping by!

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  2. Vicky .. I love your little ladder. What a find, and it will look so cute with it's new shabby finish.
    I couldn't believe all the blooms in your garden, it's beautiful. This was a great post! xo Geneva

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Geneva! Your sweet comment means so much to me! I can't wait to get started on the ladder....but I have a dozen or so projects I have yet to finish...lol! I will post pictures when I get it done...:)
      Vicky

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....