Pages

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Walk With Me.....Again

I hope you don't mind going on another walk with me today. I just can't resist taking photographs of such beautiful things in nature. I had another blue edged camellia open today. This one had some white marbled in with the pink inside petals. I picked this one to take to mama.


I think this is the same little frog that was hiding among the petals of my flower yesterday. He is probably getting tired of me booting him out of his home...:)


This one will be open all the way tomorrow. Isn't it gorgeous like this though!


I walked the path through the woods to mama's again today and we walked around and around her driveway. It's really big so we got in a good walk while sticking close to home. Sadie loves to walk with us and I don't like taking her up on the paved road with the traffic. Anywho, I snapped a few photos on our walk. I love the shape of this fig leaf and this brand new leaf is just so fresh and pretty.


The tiny grapefruit are so cute and buds smell so sweet.


The dogwood tree in mama's yard is bursting with blooms now. 


Love the crisp white petals and green centers.


The lemon tree is full of buds and a few blossoms. They smell sweet too.


This is the creek that borders our properties on the back side. It is pretty full and running fast right now.


I thought this abandoned bird nest was worthy of a photo!


We walked through my sister's backyard and onto the back on my five acres. Haven't been back there in ages. I love it back there....so peaceful. I have decided I want a gazebo or treehouse back there one day. I can just imagine having a little trail through the woods and somewhere to sit and read a good book or have tea parties with future grandchildren some day...:) Somewhere near this big oak tree will be just perfect!


OK...we're back in mama's yard and I noticed her wisteria is all budded out and about to bloom! Love the sun peeking through the trees in this photo.


Isn't the wisteria bud sweet? Looks like a cross between a thistle and a pine cone to me. I just love the long clusters of lavender blooms produced by these beauties!


The pear tree blossoms are just gorgeous against the brilliant blue sky!


I gathered the eggs for mama while I was there. There were just two...in different nests. I put them together for the picture. I love having fresh eggs when the chickens are laying good.


And that concludes our walk for today. Time to get home and get to work. 
Tomorrow is Friday..woo hoo! Looking forward to a fun dinner out with the girls at a wonderful restaurant called The Ivy House. I hope to take some pictures of the place to share with you. It has outstanding food and it's beautiful too. Have a fabulous Friday everyone!
Until next time.....

 
 

8 comments:

  1. Fig! You have a fig tree? I am addicted to figs. I cannot get fresh ones right now, but to soon. I wish I had a place for a fig tree. Love the walk - the little frog must be wanting to be your prince! Enjoy your dinner out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Vicky! I love your photos of the flowers and other items during your walk. What kind of camera are you using? Your photos are certainly competition worthy!

    How sweet you are going out with friends tomorrow night...can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Vicky! I love your photos of the flowers and other items during your walk. What kind of camera are you using? Your photos are certainly competition worthy!

    How sweet you are going out with friends tomorrow night...can't wait to see the photos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Vicky, I loved the walk and the wonderful pictures you took! Spring has sprung and I say lets capture the moments of it and share. I had a lovely visit with my daughter, it was a wee bit chilly though! Have a fun and restful weekend dear!! Love, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such wonderful photos again...love them all! Your dogwood is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed my walk with you, sweet friend, and I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the flowers! Oh I can't wait to see blooming flowers here :)

    Thank you for sharing and may you have a blessed weekend. Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed this walk so much! Love when the dogwoods bloom, some of my favorite photos I ever took were of that. You live in such a pretty place, thanks for sharing with me! Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awh..these are wonderful pics..everything is in bloom. I love it! Thanks for letting us go along with you on your walk.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....