Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

One Word.....BETTER

One word.......


I have been struggling with my word for the year. Last year I chose gratitude and I think I succeeded in applying more gratitude in all areas of  my life. I learned to appreciate not only the big moments, but the smallest of moments as well. I learned to appreciate more and complain less and be grateful for ALL things. God really put me to the test on that one here a couple weeks ago. I have tried to show gratitude more throughout the past year and will continue to do so in the years to come. I am a happier person because of it.

But, like I said, I was having a hard time coming up with the perfect word for this year....I contemplated several different words, but I was trying to come up with one word to cover everything. And then.....this morning, reading Facebook of all things, I stumbled upon my word. You saw it above....BETTER. By the way.....like my artwork? That was super fun and I will now be creating more fun things like that. I will also be printing a copy of this to place in various locations around my home....fridge, craft room, bathroom mirror, etc. I want to be reminded constantly to be a BETTER......

~person
~wife
~mom
~daughter
~daughter-in-law
~sister
~aunt
~friend
~blogger
~teacher
~planner
~organizer
~crafter

I also want to have better.....

~eating habits
~exercise habits
~study habits (mainly Bible study)
~menu planning habits
~sleep habits

I simply want to try to be a little better than I am now. I am OK with these things now, but things can always be improved and I aim to make that happen. Here's my quote for the year to go along with my word.....

To simply wake up every morning a 
BETTER 
person than when I went to bed.
~Sidney Poitier

So...what's your word for the year?

 
 

8 comments:

  1. Love this idea! What a wonderful way to go through the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine's change. There are so many things I have wanted to change and I am making 2014 the year to do this. As I was taking the decorations down this morning, I thought what I would have accomplished by the time they go back up. Have a BETTER year in 2014 my friend. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never done this, have a word for the year, so you have me thinking......I like your 'better' word', it really encompasses everything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vicky, I love that word Better too! You picked a great word for 2014! Enjoy the rest of the week. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going with "give." Really enjoyed your post. Lots of good thoughts to take away. Happy and healthy 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm thinking of going with "balance". I need to balance my life in all sorts of areas. Love your word and artwork. Happy new year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great word Vicky. Best wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. "Better" is great word to use for the year. Mine Is "Joy" and I have been placing little reminders around the house. Is that a burlap banner for your word?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....