Pages

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Roasted Veggies & Penne

Hello everyone! Happy Sunday evening! I was in the kitchen cooking supper and admiring the pretty colors of my veggies all tossed together, when I thought....why not blog about my recipe! Well, it's not really a recipe, it's a dish my mom made last week and was telling me about, that I was trying out. There are no exact measurements here, but I will tell you what I put in mine in case you want to try it yourself. It is yummy....and pretty healthy too!

For veggies, I used asparagus, green onions, red bell-pepper, and baby bella mushrooms. I love mushrooms....they are one of my favorite foods! So, I chopped  and sliced everything up into bite size pieces, placed them on a baking sheet, drizzled extra virgin olive oil on them and some freshly ground pepper and sea salt and popped them in the oven for about 15 minutes at 425 degrees.




I forgot to take a picture of the veggies after I roasted them, but you can see them here with the pasta. I used penne and just tossed it in a little olive oil after I drained it. This is a really pretty meal...:)


Looks tasty right? Believe me...it was! It would also be good with shrimp, chicken, or sausage, but I prefer meatless meals sometimes. I am not a big meat-eater. Don't get me wrong, I like meat, but if I had to give up a food group, it would be the one to go! 


I hope you enjoyed my dinner (supper in the south) as much as I did! I am off to work on a few projects.....which I hope to blog about this week! Oh....and I am so excited that I don't have to work tomorrow due to Martin Luther King Day!!! Do you? Either way, I hope you enjoy your day and as always,...

1 comment:

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....