Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Blue Ball Jars and a Yummy Panini!

Happy Tuesday evening everyone! I hope you have all had a wonderful day! I am happy to say I am not feeling nearly as tired tonight as last night...:) I had a good day at work with my 5th graders! The pigeon I blogged about yesterday is still hanging around today! I guess he likes kids...:) 

Anywho, I got home from work and had a package waiting on me! My calcium carbonate (for chalk paint), and my anniversary edition blue ball jars! I was so excited! Here they are....now to decide what I'm going to do with them!



After I opened my package I quickly got busy preparing something for supper (dinner for non-southerners!). I decided to make myself a panini since I had some ciabatta rolls that needed to be used. So, I went to the fridge for my go to panini ingredients, only to discover that I was out of turkey! Well, I didn't let that deter me! I'm not a meat lover anyway, so I decided to substitute mushrooms for the turkey. Here are my ingredients ....

sauteed mushrooms
roasted red pepper
pesto mayo
muenster cheese
ciabatta or any good bakery roll 


I first spread the pesto mayo on the bread and then layer the other ingredients.



MMmmm....looks yummy just like this!


I always spread a little extra virgin olive oil on the top and bottom of the roll. 
This helps it toast up nice and crisp! Place them in the pan....


Place the press on top. If you don;t have a press, you can use a foil covered brick.


Cook them over medium heat until they brown on one side, then flip them and repeat.
After that, you're ready to eat! I love paninis and we eat them pretty often at my house. I usually have a few reduced fat kettle cooked chips with mine, but I was out tonight. Those are my favorite chips!



So, do you have a favorite panini recipe? 
Please share if you do....I'm always up for trying a new recipe! 

I'll leave you with a couple pictures from my evening walk.....

Love the sweet gum leaves! They are so pretty and look like a star! Kind of reminds me of my son's favorite childhood movie....Land Before Time! 

''

Remember Littlefoot and the tree stars? I love all those movies!

Source
This pretty red leaf just popped out amongst the green surrounding it. I thought it was a bloom when I first spotted it...:)


Pretty Black-Eyed Susans!


One of the babies playing on a stump. The twin tried to jump up too but fell off. He was ok though and hopped right back to his feet!


The phlox are beginning to bloom in the ditches...:)


Mama had a surprise visitor in her mailbox...:) A tiny little spring frog!


I hope you enjoyed your visit and walking with me...:) I always love hearing from you!
Until next time....

14 comments:

  1. Everyone knows dinner is served after church on
    Sunday! Your supper looked delicious. I do love Gouda and spinach sandwiches, but my absolute favorite which I eat every day in the summer is sliced tomatoes (grown locally) and Duke's mayonnaise on fresh white bread!

    How did you purchase the Ball jars? They are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...:) You know....I have never tried gouda....what would you compare it to? Someone I know likes mayo and tomato, but unfortunately I don't like mayo unless it's mixed with something...like pesto. Now that may be tasty because I love basil and tomato together...:) Oh....I ordered the jars from Amazon. I had seen them on a blog but wasn't able to find them in the store, so I checked Amazon. They were out of stock the first time I checked, but they got more in. They were about the same price as in stores and qualify for super saver shipping with a $25 purchase....:)

      Delete
  2. Hi Vicky, Thanks for stopping over on my blog. I love it when someone leaves a comment. Your sandwich looks delicious. I think those jars are such a treasure. I have a few of my mother in laws. I did want to tell you that I really think the tin works better because it seems to keep them from getting that freezer taste. Let's keep in touch!
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting and for following! I was thinking the tin must keep the freezer taste out. I will definitely try that! I will definitely keep in touch...:) Have a blessed evening!

      Vicky

      Delete
  3. I love a panini and should make them more often. Can't wait to see what you do with your bell jars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am such a hot sandwich lover and could eat one several times per week! There are so many options too...:) I am brainstorming what to do with the jars. They are so pretty lined up in an old wooden box and used as vases. I might try that! Thanks for stopping by...:)

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  4. Oh YUM! I would love to have that for lunch today :) Your photos are so lovely to look at - and a frog! I would have jumped and screamed....yes, pathetic, but I dislike the creatures :)

    Hugs to you,
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Stephaine....I am not a frog lover either and if he had jumped n me, I would have probably screamed! He was so tiny though and I didn;t have to get too close with the camera zoom...:)

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  5. Vicky, that looks so good-I've gotta try this. My son is a vegetarian and this would be perfect. I'm also loving your tablescape from the last post. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by and for following! How exciting to see my friend list growing...:)You will have to make one for your son....he's sure to love it! Let me know what he thinks...:)

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  6. I would love one of your paninis right now. Perhaps you can make me one when I come home this weekend. ;)

    Also, I love the Littlefoot picture. So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I finally get a comment from my favorite girl! I think I could manage to make you a panini this weekend....and maybe even a pizookie for dessert! :) Love you and can;t wait to see you!

      Mama

      Delete
  7. Your paninis look so good! I have to check out these new Ball jars, I just found out about them yesterday. And I love little tree frogs! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...:) The jars are so pretty....I love the color! Thanks for visiting...:)

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....