Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Back At It!

Hi everyone! I hope your Monday has been a great one! Mine has been pretty good....and the first of 6 days of FCAT testing is done! Woo! Hoo! Ok....on to the point of this post! I've been back at it! I found a few treasures today....haven't had as much time as usual to go hunting, but I did have a few minutes after school today before I had to pick the hubs up from work! I ran into my favorite consignment store and found a few items!

First up is this pretty pedestal and bowl. I think it is supposed to be a candle holder, but I'm not sure if that's what I will use it for or not.  It is pretty as is, but I think I will spray paint the pedestal. We'll see! It was $3.


Two half used containers of glitter....as a teacher, I couldn't pass these up! Glitter isn't cheap...I got both of these for just $1. These big containers are usually $4-$5 each!


A brand new set of butterfly napkin rings from Pier One for $4. The price tag says $10....so they were a pretty good deal!


This scalloped edge cutter was just $1.50. It is very well made and heavy duty. I bought it to use on cheese, fruit, and veggies. I looked it up to find out what it is and found out it is a stainless steel soap cutter. Hmmm....never would have guessed that! Maybe I'll try my hand at making soap!


A sweet little vintage embroidered pillowcase. It will be going in my ETSY store soon!


I got a baggie full of hankies as well....you can see them all below. Most of these will be used for crafts for my ETSY as well. I am still trying to come up with some ideas for handmade crafts to sell as well as my vintage stuff.









And, I came home to a package in the mailbox containing these babies I ordered from Pick Your Plum last month! They are wood and cardboard tags. I'm planning to make something cute with them for my ETSY. I am so ready for summer vacation so I can really get into it! I have just been so busy lately and haven't had any time to get it off the ground! Soon....very soon...:)



Until next time!

10 comments:

  1. Wow - great finds - that candle holder that won't be used as a candle holder is just gorgeous!
    XOX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Suzan! I thought so too...:) I'm so glad you stopped by...:)

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  2. Love all the sweet little hankies and, isn't it wonderful to find craft supplies you can really use? The candle holder is fantastic - thanks for sharing your treasures! :) Janet (Painted Piglet)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is....I have been pretty fortunate lately finding things I can create with! Now if I can just figure out what I want to create...:) Always enjoy hearing from you!

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  3. Great Finds Vicky!
    I bought some glitter around Christmas.. you are so right,
    that was a good deal! :0)

    Have a great evening!

    -Tina (clutteredcorkboard)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don;t know why glitter is so costly! I was really glad to find these containers though...:)

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  4. You did find some really great things Vicky! Love the linens and the glitter was a great buy! I'm ready for some fun spring sales myself!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So good to hear from you! I do seem to have an obsession for old linens lately....I'm so drawn to the worn fabric and soft colors...:) Good luck finding some good sales!

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete
  5. You know the pedestal and bowl, I'd use them to display some lovely sweets (candy)...but that's my sweet tooth talking! Great finds once again. You are great at this! Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chel....that is a great idea, however, I have a hard time stay! I have such a sweet tooth...:) I am sure at some point it will be filed with some delicious confection though! thanks for stopping by....I always enjoy hearing from you...:)

      Blessings, Vicky

      Delete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....