Saturday, July 6, 2013
Operation Shed Spruce Up Complete!
Well....it's finished, in spite of the rain!
This morning the sun was actually shining so I was able to finish spray painting the decor for the shed. As I was trying to get everything attached to the shed however, the rain started.....again! I had to quit and go inside. After it slacked off and was just barely sprinkling, I went outside to finish. I still have to pack for my trip and I really wanted this finished before I leave, so I had no choice but to work in the rain...:) I apologize for the gloomy photos, but I had to take them in the drizzling rain!
You might remember these from earlier in the week.
They were the inspiration for my sprucing up my shed. I got the idea from Tina over at Cluttered Corkboard. You can see her shed spruce-up here. Anywho, as soon as I saw these, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with them!
I painted them each a different Krylon color.
The dragonfly got a coat of Global Blue...left over from a chair makeover I did for my daughter's apartment a year ago.
The butterfly got Pumpkin Orange...also left over from a project.
And my favorite...the bee, got Sun Yellow! It too was left over from a project.
Like my pretty new pink and white begonias? I want to add some different color flowers in here too.....maybe when I return from Pennsylvania!
The pink piece is actually a rabbit nesting box my dad gave me. I turned it upright and made it into a planter though! What do you think? It was rusty old metal (I know you're disappointed in me Donna...lol!) but I perked it up with a coat of Watermelon Pink. That's the only can of paint I had to purchase...:) I had the watering can already and the little architectural detail below the flowers is a $0.25 thrift store find from a while back. I hope to attach it with silicone somewhere on the box but we couldn't do it in the rain. It's just propped up here for now. I also want to write something on the front of the box. Maybe faith or hope....we'll see. I need to decide if I am going to paint it on or use vinyl lettering, but that's another project for another day!
I already had the cast iron water hose holder, so it got a coat of oil rubbed bronze. I am thinking of placing a couple small potted plants on it or maybe even an air plant.
I placed one of my ferns and another yard sale find at one corner.
So....here is the shed before the spruce up.
And, here it is after.....:)
Here is a photo took from across the yard...:) See all my pavers stacked up to the left of the shed? Those were free folks! We're hoping to build a little patio area with those in our back yard one day!
And one final photo....before and after. I am really pleased with how it turned out. And the best part is it didn't cost much money. Under $20 for the insect wall art, one can of spray paint, and the begonias. Sweet! My kind of project and, it's unique!
I got some exciting news today as well! I won another giveaway! That makes two in two weeks...:) This one is a beautiful Old Country Roses bowl from Tablescapes By Bev I was tickled pink to win this....I love Old Country Roses and only have a couple pieces. One day I hope to own at least a service for four.....one day! Too many home improvement projects to complete before then! Thanks so much Bev...I can't wait to get it!
Well, I can't put it off any longer folks! I must get my bags packed to head out to Pennsylvania! By the time you read this, I will be on the way! We (my daughter and mother-in-law and I) are leaving bright and early in the morning on our girls only road trip! I am so excited and I know we will all make some special memories along the way. I hope to have lots of photos to share when I return. Be sure to check back tomorrow afternoon as I have prepared a Sunday post for you. I also have guest posters for Monday and Wednesday., so please pop in and show Donna and Roxy some love...:) Thanks again ladies for being my guests!
Until next time....have a fabulous weekend and week!