Sunday, November 3, 2013
Perfect 10.....Sunday Smiles!
Hello friends! I hope this Sunday post finds you happy and well and gratefgul for life's blessings...:)
Today I am sharing several things that made me smile throughout this week!
1. My ornament exchange and the amount of participation I have had so far! I am thrilled that so many of you decided to join in the fun.....thank you so much! I will be sending out an e-mail today to get some basic information from everyone for the exchange! Next Sunday you will receive the name of the person you will be sending to! So fun.....:)
2. So many beautiful sunrises this week! Not such great quality pictures, but you get the idea! I always enjoy the splendor in the sky and the sunrises lately have been spectacular in pinks, blues, oranges, and lavender! Our creator certainly knows how to put a smile on my still sleepy face each morning!
3. My beautiful Randa (aka my daughter, Miranda) was home for a very brief visit, but I enjoyed every minute of it! She came home to see a childhood friend who was home for a visit and also for her cousin Riley's 9th birthday party. Riley is my sister's youngest, who was born on the same day as my sister. Their birthdays were on October 22! While visiting my mother-in-law after the party, we were looking at some old photos and came across these sweet ones of my Randa...:)
4. I went to the new Michael's store in nearby Lake City (where I do most of my shopping)! It is a gorgeous new store and although I only had a few minutes to browse, I managed to pick up a few sweet little items!
I plan to use these on some tags...:)
The bubbles and notepads are for my student's Christmas stockings! The Christmas tape is for tags!
5. My $100 Visa gift card came in the mail! I won this via The Shabby Creek Cottage blog through a BlogHer giveaway sponsored by Glidden paint. I was thrilled to have won!
Now....to decide what to spend it on!
6. My Seminoles won.....again!
41-14 against the Miama Hurricanes!!!
They are undefeated and on fire this year and it's looking like we just might have a shot at National Champs this year.....WOOT!
So happy they are having such an awesome season!!!
7. Sweet little Sadie makes me smile all the time...:) Well, except for the other night when she bumped into my round side table and tipped it over, resulting in a broken lamp (my favorite), vintage coaster, vintage dish, and fall candle holder. The only breakable object to survive was my $2 Dollar General vase! I wasn't smiling that night, but she didn't mean to do it. She is still so stinkin' cute, even if she is in her gawky stage...lol! Look at this precious picture of her and Farrah sleeping. I know Sadie's eyes are cracked, but she really was asleep.
8. Cooler temperatures...finally! We have had some beautiful weather lately with absolutely gorgeous days! Today, the temperature is expected to barely make it to the 70's.....perfect! I love cool, crisp days like this! No air conditioning or heat needed! It's my favorite...:)
9. Freebies! We paid a visit to my mother-in-law after Riley's party so Miranda could see her before heading back to Tally and she sent me home with several lovelies! Two sets of vintage glassware and pitchers. The green with the grapevine belonged to my husband's granny and is quite old. The other set was hers and it is vintage as well. She was going to put it in her yard sale, but she let me have it. I love them both and look forward to using them in a tablescape. My tablescaping collection is growing and I am running out of room!
She also gave me a pretty quilt she got a steal on at a yard sale. I have been wanting.....and needing something new for my bed and this is perfect!
10. Last, but not least.....I am thrilled to have some time to play in my craft room again today! I really need to find homes for several new things and make some new labels to show where items are stored. I haven't labeled lately! I am going to fill these new jars and hopefully create a few more tags with my new fall items from Michael's. I have accumulated such a huge amount of "stuff" and look forward to having time to create!
Thank you for stopping by to read what's been going on in my life. I am so very blessed in so many ways. May your Sunday be beautiful my friends.
Until next time.....