Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

My Son's a Graduate!

Hello everyone! It seems like I haven't posted in a month, but it's only been a week. This past week was truly one of the busiest of my life! It's over now though, and my son has graduated...:) I have a few photos to share from his graduation and party. I have so appreciated the kind words and comments from all of my readers about him. You are all so sweet...:) As most of you know, I was one of his class sponsors and have been very involved in all the senior activities. It was so much fun but I am relieved that it's over....it was a lot of work and stress, especially for a teacher at the end of a school year. You teachers know what I mean...lol! Anywho, Friday morning was practice and set up for the big night. Everything went as perfectly as possible. All 131 seniors showed up for practice and for the actual event. There was a nice breeze all day that helped to keep everyone cool all day. We hold our graduation ceremonies on the football field, which is fitting for my son whose favorite high school memories are from football on the field. It was as emotional, but wonderful night and since I was a class sponsor, I got to turn my sons tassel and give him a hug and kiss after he received his diploma. Such a sweet moment for me...:) Here are a few photos from the event. This one is a little blurry, but here he is walking to his seat during the Pomp & Circumstance march...he is on the right.


And here he is after graduation with his sister, Miranda. I love my beautiful kiddos and am so thankful God saw fit to make me their mama...:)


I was blessed by the Class of 2013 with such a wonderful bag of gifts for my time as sponsor. They were so generous and bought me a Kindle Fire, a pretty bracelet engraved with Class of 2013, and framed photos of the class officers and the entire class in the shape of a number 13. I am still learning to use my Kindle but I am loving it! The size is perfect for surfing the net and reading all your blogs. Speaking of....sorry I have been too busy to comment much this week. I have been trying to squeeze in reading here and there, but just haven't had time to leave comments. Hopefully this week will be less hectic!


Here's a close-up of the bracelet...:)


Saturday evening, we had a party for Dakota and four of his friends. We had lots of yummy food and really enjoyed the evening. I was in charge of decorations, so of course, I chose to decorate in their school colors....red and white with a little black. Here are a few photos of the party before everyone got there.
All the kids brought their own photo board & memorabilia, this is the one I put together for Dakota. The top says Dakota aka Kota. You can't see the aka since it's silver. Kota is what I call him most of the time.


Here is their cake and the pretty flower arrangement was left from graduation ceremonies the night before.


Here are some of the table decorations I put together. Most of the tables had these or something similar. I made the little pennant flags and the tents with scripture and quotes relevant to graduation on them. I cut squares of fabric with paw prints since we're the Bears and layered everything on. The little white and black things are bottles of bubbles. Sweet and simple!


I also made the pennant banners in this photo. The big one in the center says congratulations and the small ones have the kids names on them. The ferns were also bought for graduation and we all divided those up and took them home. I am not the owner of three ferns....hopefully I won't kill them!


Here's a close-up of Dakotas banner.


I thought it was so sweet that Dakota's kindergarten teacher came to his party. His cousin Shelby was one of the 5 kids that we had the party for and she and Kota were in the same class in kindergarten so, her mom contacted their old teacher to invite her to the party. Dakota didn't know she was coming and the look his face was priceless when he saw her. So sweet...:)
 He even smiled for this photo....he usually doesn't smile in pictures!

Dakota and his Kindergarten teacher...:)
Well, I'll wrap this up! If you're still reading, thank you. I do appreciate all my readers. I know this kind of thing isn't as exciting as a post on thrifty finds, a home decor project, a new recipe, or a cool organization idea, but it is special to me and I wanted to share. Besides, I haven't had any time for any of the above lately, let alone time to post! That's all about to change though because I only have a few days of school left before summer break begins!!!!! Three and 1/2 days with students and then 1 1/2 post planning days and I am free! Oh....one last photo before I go. This is my best friend Jeana's foot....yes, I took a picture of her foot...lol! Look at these gorgeous sandals she wore to Kota's party. When I spotted them, I told her I had to have a picture and it would probably end up on my blog. 
(I wasn't joking Jeana! Love you and can't wait to hang out Friday night!)
Jeana is a fashion queen and always looks stunning...:) She is a beautiful person, inside and out! 
I am blessed to have her in my life. 


Until next time.....
 
 

4 comments:

  1. My Sunday night with Vicky turned out to be a very special one. Thank you for sharing this special time in your family's life. Dakota is very handsome and the party looks as if it was a big success. Tell Jeana those sandals are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you Vicky and your family! A High School Graduation is a big deal and after your involvement with the class has even more meaning to you. What wonderful gifts to you and what a fun party you threw also! Congrats to Dakota!

    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to your son on his graduation! The party looks amazing and huge congratulations to you on being his sponsor (and for those wonderful gifts). You are a very special lady! Take care. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your son..
    and your party looks like it was lovely..
    Awesome Memories indeed!

    Have a great week.

    -Tina (clutteredcorkboard.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....