Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Fluttering By with a Thrifty Spring Tablescape

Hello friends! I can't believe it's Wednesday already. This week sure is going by quickly!
I'm really looking forward to having a weekend with no plans. I can really use some down time. I know I haven't had much to share lately and am hoping to get something crafty accomplished over the weekend. I did make time this evening to clean off my table and create a new and simple spring tablescape. 
I was inspired by the butterflies that I have in my kindergarten class right now. One of ours emerged from its' chrysalis today in class. The kids were so excited!
Anywho, this prompted me to remember some pretty butterfly napkin rings I bought some time back and had never used. They came from Pier One and were still in the box, but of course I thrifted them!
 Aren't they pretty?





I chose the grey/blue placemats I found a few weeks ago and some white napkins. I used my white china and some sunny yellow salad plates to top them with. I chose some vintage glasses that my mother-in-law gave me last year. They belonged to my husband's granny.


Sweet and simple and perfect for spring.


You can see the lace table runner that I picked up last weekend for just $0.50. 
It's so pretty and in perfect condition.


In keeping things simple, I chose my white vase filled with some silk flowers, a white milk glass butterfly dish, and a small birdcage. Everything on the table...except the silk flowers, was either thrifted or gofted to me. Can't beat that! 


Here's a close-up of the glasses. 


There are also two orange ones but I didn't need them on this table. I love the colors though...they remind me of sherbert. 


And that's all I have folks! I have been busy lately with school and I have also taken up walking again, so my evenings are short. I do hope to have time this weekend to do something creative to share. 
Hope each of you have a wonderful end of the week.
 Until next time....



9 comments:

  1. Wonderful table....love those napkin rings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the tablescape. I am hoping to get a ton of painting done today. I am afraid I have not walked this week but have been so busy running here and there. Also it rained again! Looking forward to which project you will tackle this weekend - maybe a painting project?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your tablescape Vicky! So pretty and serene looking. Love the glasses from your MIL. Hope the rest of the school year flies by for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect for Spring. Love the butterfly napkin rings and those glasses are just right for this table. Hope you have a great weekend!
    hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have fallen in love with your glasses Vicky! I love the frosted look. A nice springtime table setting. Have a restful weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your tablescape is lovely. The butterfly are such a beautiful symbol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky, wow your tablescape is just so pretty and I love your butterfly napkin rings. Have a wonderful weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your butterflys and the runner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Spring is here, and your table shows it. Those napkin rings are so cute, and I really like the yellow "fiesta" plates. A nice, inviting table, it's yummy looking.
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....