Pages

Monday, March 27, 2017

Thrifty Finds

Hello there and welcome back to Willie Mae Lane. 

Today I am sharing some of my finds from the weekend. Saturday, I went shopping with my mama, sister, and aunt. We only went to one thrift store, but I had not been in this one for a while since I haven't been thrifting as much as I used to. I found some really good stuff to bring home. 
Let's take a look.....

First up are a few books. I can't go into a store without looking at the books. I found a few I think will be good reads. Hard covers were $1.29 each and the paperback was either $0.99 or $0.79...I really don't remember.


I found these album accents. I have never seen anything like these before. I most likely won't use them for their intended purpose but the ribbon was pretty and brand new so I bought both packs. They were $0.99 each.


Clothing was half price..I found this long sleeve camo shirt for my son. He's the hunter of the family, so I thought he could use this. It ended up being $2.50.


I bought this one for me. It's Caribbean Joe brand which is an expensive brand. The colors are so bright and cheery...perfect for spring and summer. The pattern and colors remind me of Lilly Pulitzer


The tag was still on it...looks like the original price was $49.99! No way I would ever pay that for this shirt but for $2.50, it came home with me. I love the 3/4 sleeves, v neck, and the side drawstrings at the hem. Now I just need some new white capris!


I fell in love with this little mirrored vanity tray. I have several of these but have never seen such a small one. It is sitting on a dinner plate. It will be getting a paint job soon. It was $1.99.


I picked up this pretty dinner plate to add to the mismatched china collection I started to use for parties and special occasions. I think it was $0.99.


This cast iron vanity mirror came home with me as well. It was the most expensive thing I bought at $6.99. but it is a very heavy, ornate piece. I think it is probably old as well. It appears to be. It may get a fresh new coat of white but I'm not sure yet. It's about 12 inches tall. I plan to use it in my bedroom after we finish remodeling.


This pretty little strawberry relish tray also came home with me. I just couldn't resist! It was $2.99.


That's it for thrift store finds. After we left the thrift store, we went to lunch and then to Wal Mart. Wal Mart has really stepped up their home decor game. I found this adorable silk arrangement in a white wooden box for Just under $5. 


It is so pretty and springy!


I also picked up this 4 piece serving caddy by Better Homes & Gardens for $10. It can be used for so many things. I'm sure it will serve many purposes over the years.


I also picked up some new dishcloths. These by the Pioneer Woman are so bright and colorful. I just love them! They were around $5 per set.


I also picked up some adorable Easter stickers to use in my planner for $0.97.


We had a fun day out and about! When we got home, I had to rush to unload my groceries and put things away so I could get to the race track to watch my son race. When I opened my car door, I had a package in the seat from Amazon that my hubby had laid inside. It contained this waist bag with an attached water bottle holder. I have been needing something like this when I go walking. The zipper pouches will hold my cell phone, chapstick, and anything else I might want to take with me. I mainly wanted it for the water bottle pouch. The one I have now hangs over the shoulder and it bothers me when I walk. This will be so handy! It was only around $10. I'm sure it will get lots of use!


As for the races....Dakota was doing well, but his car ran hot and he didn't get to finish the race. It was an exciting night with several wrecks. One car came up off the track and turned around mid-air and landed in the barrier fence up off the ground. It was so scary! The driver was not hurt at all...thank the good Lord. It was one of the really fast cars...my son doesn't drive one of those. I don't think I could handle it. Anywho, I hope you are doing well and have a lovely week. I can't believe it went so fast! 

Have a great week and until next time.....

 
 

11 comments:

  1. You found some good things at the thrift. I love to find useful things at good prices. Since I'm buying less and downsizing, I too just hunt for things I need and maybe a few little decorations. Books are always a great find. Love that shirt, so bright and pretty! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello friend! You found some amazing deals. I absolutely love that vanity mirror. So pretty! It's gonna look good in your remodeled bathroom. And that strawberry dish...love it! I need to hit my thrift store. I've been wanting to look for some pretty plates for my wall.
    So glad no one was hurt during the race. What fun to see your son out there racing. I'm glad too it's not a fast car! ;)

    Enjoy your week, Vicky!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite thing was the vanity tray. What a great price too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Kite Runner is so good, but so sad! One of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You had a great thrifting day! I love the Caribbean Joe shirt...what a find. I see you picked up a Dorothea Benton Frank book. She is one of my favorite authors for fiction. She writes books about real lowland places that I am familiar. I have all of her books either in hard copy or digital.

    Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your finds...from the beautiful top to the mirror...all wonderful. Walmart does have some great finds. I love the Better Homes and Garden line. I keep eyeing the Pioneer Woman towels too...those will look fantastic in your kitchen! Too bad your son's car wasn't running right. I'm not sure I could handle mine doing that (I guess I really would if he did). 😊 Hope your week is going well.
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some really cute things, Vicky! The strawberry dish is especially cute :)

    Sorry about your son's car, but happy he wasn't the one that landed on the fence!

    I'm so glad your mother-in-law has finished her treatments and I'll pray that she's cancer free.

    xoxo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great finds Vicki! I love the small vanity tray!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always love finding a bargain and great finds! Looks like you hit a great load of finds!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love finding a bargain and great finds! Looks like you hit a great load of finds!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love seeing what everyone finds when out thrifting! That blouse you got is beautiful and the galvanized 3 piece server looks like something I would pick up too! Thanks for sharing with us Vicky :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....