Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Before & After...Vanity Tray Makeover

Hello friends and....

I hope you are all doing well. I'm actually feeling pretty lousy today and came home early. I was able to get a half day sub for my class. I'm really hoping to feel better tomorrow. I think this incessant pollen finally got to me. Anywho, I figured I might as well put up a blog post while I'm being lazy. 

If you saw my post earlier this week, you may remember this adorable little vanity tray I picked up while thrifting Saturday.


The gold finish was beyond help so I decided to give it a coat of paint. I went with white which is my favorite lately. I love how it turned out!


I placed it on my vanity in my bedroom. It was the perfect home for this adorable little mercury glass vase with a silk rose. I picked this up a few weeks ago at TJ Maxx for $3.99 I believe. The love sentiment was a Target Dollar spot item. I believe it was $3. So...$9 for this sweet little vignette that makes me happy.


I love the pretty details of the frame. My beautiful Kendra Scott necklace looks perfect on the tray. Miranda bought it for me for Christmas. :)


Here is my vanity...a little cluttered I know. When we remodel our bedroom, we are going to build some shelves to house some of the books I keep in my room. Most of my Bibles, devotional, self help, and school related reads are kept in here, along with my Kindle. This is just a few of them. I have BIG plans for our small master bedroom redo and can't wait to get started on it.


I think it turned out so pretty.


Isn't this little compact sweet? My mother in law gave it to me for Christmas along with a couple other things. She knows I love turtles and has given me a few turtle themed items over the years. This one is so pretty!


I know this was a short post. Hopefully I will have more to share soon. I need to go finish supper...chicken Caesar salad. I hope you have a wonderful Friday and weekend.
Until next time.....

13 comments:

  1. I just purchased 4 vanity trays to re-sell. I may have to try painting one like you did to see if it sells.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that compact IS sweet, and very unique!

    Lovely redo on the tray too:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those mirror trays painted white. I have two in my bedroom. Your display is lovely and so elegant! Hope you feel better. Tiger was home yesterday with allergy stuff also. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your mirrored tray. It turned out lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! I like the white paint also. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your vanity tray looks fabulous in white. The whole display is so pretty. I have a thing for vanity trays and can't pass one by when I see them. They are good sellers in both my shops. One I picked up is silver and not very pretty. I think I am going to paint it! Why didn't I think of that!?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Vicky you certain took that tray from trash to treasure, what a difference, Great Job! Your Christmas compact is gorgeous, what a unique and lovely gift. I like turtles, too :)
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks really great painted. Love your find, the redo you did and how it looks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks really great painted. Love your find, the redo you did and how it looks. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks great Vicky! You did a wonderful job. The pollen has been awful here too, the patio is yellow. Yuck. Hope you're feeling better.
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am always amazed at the things you find and then how you repurpose them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your vanity tray really turned out nice and you created a very lovely vignette with it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The tray turned out so nice, love how you decorated it with all the feminine touches :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....