Pages

Monday, April 10, 2017

Weekend Recap

Hello friends! 
I blinked and the weekend was gone...I don't understand how it happens but it does. 
It was a really nice weekend despite the fact that it seemed so short! Friday after work, I went home and did a little cleaning and then packed a bag and headed to Miranda's place in Gainesville. We enjoyed an evening in with this cutie...my grand dog, Bell. Sorry for the blurry picture. I zoomed in on my phone because I was too lazy to get up and get closer for a picture. Miranda says she always drags a treasure in from the yard when she goes out to potty. This time it was a stick...which she proceeded to chew up all over the living room carpet. 


We started watching a movie Miranda recommended...Silver Linings Playbook. I feel asleep before it was over (it was a long week in kindergarten and I was sick all week) but finished it the next day. Saturday morning we got ready and went to meet my sister, Nancy and a couple of her kids for breakfast at Metro Diner. Love this place...their food is delicious. I had one of the specials...cinnamon roll pancakes. Oh my....they were heavenly!


After breakfast, Miranda took me to 2nd & Charles. I had never been before so I was excited! It's a book store that sells both new and used books. Check out this wall of books! I thought it might just be spines but nope...stacks and stacks of real books! I want a book wall now!


I managed to find several books to bring home with me...imagine that!
Two of them were books I read recently on my Kindle. I wanted the books for my shelf though. I was thrilled to find out it was educator's week in the store and I got 25% off my total! They give teachers a 20% discount every day though so I will definitely be back to shop some more!


We left 2nd & Charles and went to Old Navy where I purchased a couple simple t-shirts and a cheapo pair of flip flops to wear in the yard. After that we went to Target. I only bought 2 packs of stickers in the Dollar Spot...although they had so many cute things that I resisted.


I did have to purchase these two rolls of washi tape though. I love the copper/rose gold color and didn't have any like it. I haven't bought washi tape in a while so I didn't feel guilty purchasing these.


We spotted this seasonal Boom Chicka Pop in sugar cookie flavor that had to come home with me. Oh my goodness....so tasty! I love Boom Chicka Pop sweet and salty kettle corn. If you haven't tried it and you like popcorn, do yourself a favor and buy some. I promise you will love it!


After Target, we grabbed a quick lunch and then headed back to Miranda's place to let Bell out of her crate. We finished the movie and then I gathered up my things to head home. I had to stop and buy groceries on the way. Saturday evening was spent being lazy.

Sunday morning we talked to Joey's mom and she and her boyfriend decided to come over and check out our new porch. We grilled some steaks, sausage, and chicken and I made a couple sides and they ate lunch with us. After lunch, I cleaned up and piddled around in my craft room for a bit. Sundays are often lazy days around our place....just ask Sadie. 


This week is testing week for our kinders. One down and three to go. We are off Friday and I am looking forward to a 3-day weekend for sure. I hope you all had a wonderful weekend and may your week be a good one. 

Until next time.....

11 comments:

  1. Sounds like a lovely weekend. You were very busy.

    Being a Philadelphia Eagles fan, I enjoyed Silver Linings Playbook. It's been a while since I saw it though.

    You hit the jackpot at the bookstore. It sounds like a neat place.

    Hope you have a great next few days and an even better Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A busy weekend, but a good one! It is amazing how quickly a busy weekend can whizz by isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun getaway to your daughter's! I would love to look through that bookstore. Our weather is finally cooperating enough to grill out. My husband would have loved your barbecue....3 meats!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How wonderful to spend time with your daughter and also your sister and nieces. It sounds like y'all had a good time. I'd love to browse through that book store! That wall! Fantastic!
    The weekends always go by too quickly for me. I'm looking forward to a long weekend as well. When did kinders start being tested? Goodness. Hope it all goes well.
    Have a good rest of the week and enjoy your long weekend!
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like a very full but nice weekend. What a great bookstore! I love places like that and it's great that they give teachers discounts. And wow... I wanted to climb through the computer screen to get to that breakfast LOL!

    I hope you have a great Easter :)

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun weekend, so sorry that it went by too fast. I do hope that you will be feeling better this week. Keeping up with kindergartners is a task when you're feeling your best :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a beautiful and busy weekend.
    Visiting with family is always a joy and a bar-B-Que to top it off, oh yea. I did my usual deep clean on our barbeque the other day and when I went to cook up our salmon that I was craving we were out of gas!!
    Look at all those wonderful reads, what a book store. :-)

    Easter Blessing to you, dear lady~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ugh to testing!

    I am in love with that book wall!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hapy day to you, friend! It looks like your weekend was simply delightful and time with family is always a blessing :)

    Thinking of you, dear Vicky! I hope you have a blessed Easter. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmm...sounds like a busy weekend. I love those lazy days, especially after we've had those busy weeks!
    Oh, Bell is a cutie too! We have a doggie that loves to shred the logs too! ;) Those pancakes...oh my..yummy!
    Glad you had fun hanging with your daughter...making memories and laughter!
    Enjoy your three day weekend, Vicky!

    I hope you have a Blessed Easter!

    Hugs, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I bet this weekend will also come and go in a blink. But it does look like you have busy weekend, so it's good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....