Pages

Monday, April 24, 2017

Weekend Recap and a Winner!

Hello friends and happy Monday to you!
I was hoping to get a chance to blog over the weekend but it just didn't happen. As most of you know, I have been battling sickness for nearly a month...Wednesday will make 4 weeks. I went to the doctor last week and was prescribed three different medications that seem to have helped somewhat but unfortunately have not totally taken care of things. This cough is stubborn! Anywho, when I went to pick up my scripts, I couldn't help but check out the beautiful flowers they had for sale. I wanted one of everything, but that didn't happen. 


Aren't the hanging baskets gorgeous?


That's what I chose...a double impatien.


It's so pretty and I love the color.


Friday evening, the hubby and I went to Lake City to buy groceries. We had supper at Panda Express, then ran to the mall so I could pick up some Bath & Body Works candles. They are my favorite! I had to go through TJ Maxx to go in the mall and of course I had to look around. I was checking out the home decor aisles when I rounded the corner and I spotted the sweetest cow print! I think I squealed because the hubby was wondering what was wrong with me...lol! My heart skipped a beat and I immediately ran over, grabbed it and put it in my cart. 

Isn't she the sweetest? I named her Blossom. My grandparents had a cow named Blossom when I was younger. She lived to be very old...I think she was around 20 or more when she died. She was not this color but considering this cow is surrounded by blooms, I thought Blossom was the perfect name for her.


I had been wanting to replace the floral print I had on this wall for a while and I had also been wanting the perfect cow picture for a while as well so I didn't even have to justify my purchase. I absolutely love how it looks on the dark wood walls. It is perfection in my eyes and I smile every time I look at it.


I took down all the Easter decor over the weekend which meant I needed to give the buffet a new look. This is what I came up with. The hubby was a sweetie and repainted my lamps for me with my white milk glass paint. They are so pretty!




I shopped the house to put together a look that I love. 


I am really loving my galvanized perpetual calendar I picked up at Dollar General for $5. 




Look at that sweet face...:)


And speaking of sweet faces...


Rooster & Sadie modeled their party hats my niece Taylor made for them. She had a Gotcha Day party to celebrate her dog June's adoption day. My dogs did not go to the party because they don't do well with a crowd of dogs but she sent them hats and treats. They loved the treats...the hats...not so much. This was as good as it was going to get. LOL!


Here's a funny picture from the party I got off Miranda's blog...My Restless Soul. From left to right....Taylor & June, Miranda & Bell, and Shelby & Violet. All the dogs are adopted rescue dogs. Taylor & Shelby are my nieces. You probably remember me sharing their weddings. Taylor got married in January and Shelby got married last year in March, I love this picture!


Here's one before they got too rowdy. Aren't they cute in their hats?


I had a wonderful weekend overall. I worked in my classroom for a few hours Saturday and managed to get caught up on lots of things I had gotten behind on during the last month while I've been sick. Saturday evening was pretty lazy...just piddling around for a bit. Sunday I worked on some projects for school which I will share soon and then went to the Gotcha party for a bit at my sister's house. I love a weekend spent mostly at home. 

I want to thank each of you who participated in the jellybean estimation fun. It was fun for me each time I read a comment and saw your guess. When Linda commented first and guessed 266, I was pretty sure she was going to be the winner. She was after all only 7 numbers off! But then, Carol guessed 278, which was one number less than my estimate when I played and won. The actual number was 273,  so that put Carol two numbers closer than Linda and made her the winner. Had she guessed 279 which was my estimate, both she and Linda wound have won. It was super fun and I hope you all enjoyed playing along! I will be contacting you soon Carol. Congratulations!

Thank you all for visiting today! I hope you have a wonderful week!

Until next time.....
 
 

12 comments:

  1. Oh, my goodness! I didn't expect to win.

    I am so sorry you are not 100%. I hope your new meds do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had to laugh at the dogs in their party hats...that's pretty funny and cute. :) Love your cow picture...that might be one of the cutest I've seen. Your buffet looks great...cute calendar! And congrats to Carol! I'm a horrible guesser, lol. Hope you kick that cough soon. Take care!
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blossom is adorable, and perfect in your space!

    Congrats to Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So Blossom is adorable and looks so cute on your wall. It's so fun to find something you really wanted for awhile. The dog party cracks me up and is so cute. I too have been battling sickness and the meds have helped but I'm also not 100%. I'm ready for some good health and soon! WHAT....CAROL beat me? Well she is a good friend so that's ok. It was fun and I'm happy I got as close as I did! It was fun. OH MY, the sun just came out...it's going to be a good day after all. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Vicky, I'm happy that you are feeling somewhat better . . . maybe the meds need a little more time to get you all the way back to feeling fine. Blossom is adorable and I can easily see why there was not hesitation in pulling her into your cart and giving her a new home. Congratulations to your winner . . . what a fun give-a-way :)
    I sure hope that cough goes completely away very, very soon.
    Have a happy day.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE Blossom. She looks great in that corner.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations Carol! I hope you beat this illness before school vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE that adorable cow picture!! It looks great the way you've displayed it too :o)

    The girls look so cute with their dogs!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the double impatien hanging basket, such a pretty color.

    The dogs are adorable in their party hats. It was nice of Taylor to send them treats even though they didn't attend the party.

    Congratulations to Carol!

    Hope you are feeling better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Vicky, Blosom the Cow is darling and it looks perfect in your home :)

    Those hanging plants are just gorgeous and has me wanting to go get some for my home. We can't put flowers out until the middle or end of May because we still get frost. It was only 30-degrees here this morning. Brrr!

    Love and hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE Blossom the cow print and you have a sweet memory with it. It was meant to be.
    My dogs wouldn't let me put a party hat on them, so that is a sweet photo.
    deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. I cannot believe you were able to put party hats on your pups. Mine would run away too fast to catch. Love Blossom. The colors are a great match with the wood wall. I am looking for a white cow print.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....