Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

Three Thrifty Finds!

Hello and Happy Monday everyone! I am so excited to be sitting home today...even if it is the last day of my 4-day weekend! It has been busy but I got a lot of things done that needed doing...:) I was in Tallahassee Friday, Chiefland on Saturday, Lake City on Sunday, and back to Chiefland today. They are all 45 minutes to 2 hours away, so I have spent a good deal of time on the road! My trip today was quick....I had to go have fasting labs drawn at my doctor's office
 so I had to do this today since I didn't want to take a day off work for it or go without eating all day and go after work. I really just wanted to stay home all day, but that just wasn't possible. Anywho, I also needed to pick up some medicine for my mama who is sick, bless her heart. I decided to run to the Hospice Attic thrift while I was there too....imagine that! LOL!

I only found a couple things though which is for the best....remember I am outgrowing my home!
First thing I spotted was this set of dishes. They are by Knowles and are called Grapevine. They are really pretty and will look great in many tablescapes. There were 5 plates, 1 serving bowl, 2 soup bowls, and 3 small bowls for $3.99. I am only keeping the plates. I am adding the bowls to my growing ETSY stash! I can sell them for more than I paid for all of it....that is, if I ever start my shop!



I love the simplicity of these plates and can picture them in a variety of tablescapes.


The only other things I bought were a couple books, a green leaf table runner for my mama, and this milk glass pedestal vase. It was just $1 and I didn't have one like it.


I am also sharing these beautiful emerald green goblets my mother-in-law picked up for me at a yard sale Saturday. They are very heavy glass and absolutely gorgeous. They will look great in many tablescapes!


There are 6 of them in perfect condition! I can just picture them on a Christmas table already!


That's all I have for today. I am so excited that I had time on a Monday to share. Now I am off to clean house and write lesson plans. I'm even hoping I might have the time to whip up something in my craft room.....we shall see! Have a beautiful week everyone and as always, thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful deals. Those green glasses are to die for! Can't wait to see them and your plates on a table. Glad you are better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, those goblets are beautiful.. I can definitely picture them for Christmas! Great find! Look forward to seeing how you use all your new pieces.
    Have a blessed day and hope your mom is feeling better.
    -Tina

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you did well Vicky! I love those goblets and they match perfectly with the grapevine china. They will make a gorgeous table setting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vicky, you are a bundle of energy. I've been sick with a cold for a week, and all I do is sit here admiring your energy, lol.... Lovely goblets!
    Theresa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vicky, I love those green goblets and yes they will look pretty for Christmas. Take care and have a wonderful week.
    Julie at julieslifestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dishes! The old patterns just call my name!! Those glasses are awesome...love the color! Good finds my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really find the best treasures Vicky! I always enjoy seeing what you have found...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You need a vacation from your four-day weekend! Love those grapevine plates and bowls. And of course you found something milk glass!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Vicky, I think your car must know the way to your thrift store
    (Auto Pilot)! LOL
    I do love those pretty green glasses!
    Hope your Momma feels better soon.
    Blessings, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicky, it must be a week for illness mustn't it?! I do hope your Mum is feeling a bit better and you have managed to have some rest for your long weekend. Looking forward to seeing your Etsy shop when you get this going my lovely. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE the green stemware!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....