Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

I'm Back!!!

Hi everyone! I am back and happy to have a few minutes to post a few photos of my kindergarten classroom. Several of you wanted to see it so, here you go!

Here is the whiteboard in the front of my room. The big blue pocket charts are used during calendar and math time. The little colorful pocket charts under the ledge will be used for a word wall to display the words the students are learning each week.


Another view with one of my buntings above the screen. Excuse the phone on the floor....I hadn't hooked it up yet.


This is my behavior system. The students will have a clothespin with their name on it and will all begin each day with their clip on Ready to Learn. They can move up or down on the chart depending on their behavior. If the students move all the way to the top, they get a special jewel on their clip and when they have earned 5 jewels, they will move their clip to the hall of fame and earn a new clip. If nobody moves down each day, the students will earn a cupcake to place on the tray. When they have earned 12 cupcakes, I will bake them cupcakes to reward them for their great behavior...thus the name Sweet Rewards.

 

Here is a close up view of the book jacket banner and cupcake liner twinkle lights I made hanging in my windows.


Here are a few puppets that will be used when we work on learning how to read...:)


This is my birthday board. All the students names and birthdays will be placed on the cupcakes soon! I made this banner last year. The fabric has sprinkles on it...:)


This is my Helper of the Day area. The students names will be written on the birds and when it is their day to be the helper, their bird will leave the nest and "fly" up to the limb above. 


After their turn is over, the bird will move to the green pocket chart next to it.


The small bulletin board will hold my rules signs. And , here's another bunting!


This area still needs a lot of work. Student work will be displayed in the polka dot area. I will be adding a few things to this wall. The two tables on this wall will be used during center time.


Here is the rainbow I made for my dolch word display. Student names will be written on the clouds and each time they master a color level, they will earn a raindrop of the same color under their cloud...:)


I love the glitter on the rainbow!


This is a pocket chart I made last year to hold a variety of things in my little office area. You'll never guess what it's made with!


Home Depot nail aprons!!! They are less that $1 each and made from very sturdy canvas. Only problem is the logo on the front as you can see below. I simply made labels to put over mine, but you could also sew patches on it or hot glue something over it. It would be great in a craft room or home office as well...:)


I was tickled yesterday when the local Rotary Club brought us all teacher goodie bags! 


Here are all the germ busting products and school supplies that were in the bag!


They even included these sweet signs to place in the restroom after we teach the kinders the importance of hand washing.


Here are the sweet little treat bags I gave my sweet students earlier when they came in for Meet Your Teacher night!


Here is the view from the hall door. The area in the corner is my office and storage area. Unfortunately this room doesn't have a closet.


This is the cubby area at the entrance to the room. The grey cubbies are for backpacks and the black ones are their mailboxes. I have two more grey ones to the left in this photo.


A different view of the front of the room.


My library area and reading instruction area and easel.


I still have to sort through books and place them in baskets according to the reading level, author, picture books, etc.


This is my D.O.T. folder....the kiddos will take this home each night. I put a mustache over the student name on this one for confidentiality. 


This is the area outside my door to welcome the kids. Again, I have blacked out last names...:)


Well, I hope you enjoyed your little tour of my room! I will share again after we have "lived" in it for a while! I love to display student work and artwork and hope to have lots of cute things to hang up soon! Have a blessed Friday....I know I am glad the weekend is almost here...:) I desperately need some rest!

Until next time.....

 
 

12 comments:

  1. Oh Vicky, I 'almost' want to be a kindergartner again. Your classroom is so creative and fun!

    Wishing you a blessed school year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your students are going to be so excited to see all the wonderful areas you have created. How many students will you have and do you have an aide?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've done tremendous work. Everything is thought through. This will be so motivating for the children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an amazing and fun classroom.. love that pocket
    idea made from the home depot nail aprons.. You are so clever!

    Hope you have a wonderful and blessed school year!

    -Tina


    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! At first I cringed because of the word school! I didn't like it when summer was over and I had to go back but why weren't our classrooms this cool! You have done an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vicky what a fun room! I know you will have a great year! Thanks for showing the classroom! I love it!!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Vicky, I am so glad you showed your classroom, it looks so fun and colourful and the thoughts and ideas you have put into it are amazing. Your little ones are going to love being back at school. Have a wonderful weekend... resting! Take care my lovely. Chel x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This classroom is so wonderful! Very colorful and inviting..what child wouldn't love it! I know what you mean about needing rest; I remember those first few days of school and how exhausting it is so well. Have a wonderful school year and keep loving those kids!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic room! You've made it so lively and colorful, sure to stimulate lots of learning. Lucky kids to have you for their teacher.
    I spotted your reading chair, looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How fun! There are some blessed children coming to your classroom. Hope you get some good rest!
    You're a blessing, Theresa @ Finding Grace, Going Mobile

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your room in W O N D E R F U L ! ! ! There are so many cute details and so much eye candy for the kids. Is your kindergarten half or full day? Some of the schools near us are going to full day kindergarten. Others do a staggered arrival/ending - half come earlier and leave earlier while the other half comes later and leaves later. That way they have a portion of each day with a smaller group.

    I love the clothespin idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vicky! Your classroom is adorable and any child would be thrilled to have you as a teacher :) You are so creative, my friend - thanks for sharing.

    Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....