Pages

Saturday, October 14, 2017

Living Room Refresh

Hello friends and welcome back or welcome if you are visiting for the first time. I thought it was a good time to write a blog post since I have a little extra time on my hands today. I have been trying to do some fall cleaning and a little sprucing up around the house and thought I would share my living room with you today. Not a lot has changed, but enough has to share so here we go. 

Back in April I shared that I moved my vintage record cabinet from the craft room to the living room. It is still here and I like it here for now. I did change the decor on top but that is all. We are hoping to build an entry off the front of our home eventually. I have always wanted an entry with a coat closet and a place to drop things off to keep the living room a little less cluttered. That is a project for down the road though as we have other more important things lined up first. We are still working on the master bathroom and then the master bedroom will be next. I am so ready to finish those rooms! 


I purchased new living room rugs. You can see the one at the door here. It matches the bigger one. I also took down the dark grey patterned curtains and put up some tan and white ones that let more light in.


You can see the big rug here. I love it...the colors are cream and tan with cerulean blue as an accent color. It is really pretty. I purchased them from Wayfair.


I also purchased some new pillows at JoAnne's Fabrics earlier in the week. I love the black and cream buffalo check and think it is perfect for fall and winter. 


 I love the saying on this pillow. 
Our home is very important to us...it is our happy place!



A few weeks ago I purchased the wooden box at Michael's to house the dog toys. 
It says Play. :)


I found this pretty cream and green bouquet at JoAnne's also and love it. I am using more subdued colors for fall this year. I just placed the bouquet in a vase and sat it on top of a place mat along with a couple coffee table books and a coaster.

Isn't it pretty?


I printed a new piece for the gallery wall clipboard. I still love my gallery wall!


I purchased a snuggly, soft new blanket to coordinate with the new rug and curtains a little better. I really want to recover my ottoman but haven't gotten around to it yet.


I placed this pillow from Ikea on my chair as well since I bought the new ones for the couch.


The copper chicken wire basket on the bottom shelf of my side table holds magazines as well as tissues, lotion, and a couple different zipper bags that contain anything from earbuds to eyeglass cleaners. I like to keep often used things handy.


The top just holds a cute Hobby Lobby frame with a photo of the hubby and I, a candle from Target which smells heavenly, a coaster, and a small lamp.


No major changes, but just enough for it to feel fresh and new again. I am enjoying the simple changes. Hopefully I will have a new bathroom to share soon! 


I hope you are doing well and enjoying fall weather. We haven't had any real fall like weather yet...just a hint in the air occasionally. Enough to make us want it to hurry up and get here. Have a lovely week ahead and until next time.....


10 comments:

  1. It all looks so cozy and inviting, Vicky! Love the rug and sweet little floral arrangement. I do adore your wood wall. It's the perfect backdrop to your very pretty decor. Can't wait to see your bathroom. I know you are ready to get that finished! (It took us 9 mos. to do our master bath here at the city house. I thought we'd never finish). hope your weekend is going well. Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems Fall is taking its time everywhere in the country. Much warmer temps than normal.

    Love the wall treatment Vicky and how exciting that you're renovating your bed and bath! I remember many years ago we renovated a bath and it took one week. I didn't realize at the time how lucky we were!

    (I'm not sure if you realize that your site isn't mobile friendly. I am not able to comment on my photos e without switching to web version.)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fresh and fall like! I'm putting some warm colors out now to spruce up my living space also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job making the living room so inviting. I wonder if you ever go back in your blog posts to see just how much change you have created in your home? No dog pics?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you have everything in the living room looking so pretty.
    I hope you enjoy the week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lighter colors and the rug is so pretty. Those pillows and throw go perfectly. How fun to make a few changes and have it feel new and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks so nice and I love your new rugs, they are scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vicky, I was just thinking about you and how busy you must be this time of year . . . Halloween, Thanksgiving & Christmas. It’s busy for us, but you have home to do and then 25 or so first graders to celebrate with too. Besides crafts, parties, gifts made for parents. Bless your heart; I know that this time of year your brain and your energy are going at full running speed. You’re in my prayers.
    Take care,
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
    I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
    I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
    ตารางบอล

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....