Pages

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Le Chateau de Lafayette

Hello everyone! I hope this finds you all happy and well. I have  a quick post to share from my day. Today was a family reunion with my Granny Willie Mae's family. It was held in the town of Mayo, Florida which is just a half an hour away from me. My second cousin and his family own this gorgeous old Bed and Breakfast there. It's called the Le Chateau de Lafayette. Lafayette is the county Mayo is located in. This building has quite a history. It was built in 1883 as a courthouse.  In 1907, a new courthouse was built and this one was moved by mules across the street, where it stands today. It did not have porches at the time it was moved. It was used as an apartment building from 1907 until 1995. It was 1993 when my cousin and his wife purchased the place (for a steal) and turned it into a bed and breakfast. This 3 story home has a total of 32 rooms though not all of them are bedrooms. You can see more photos here if you are interested. Here are the ones I took and a couple my sister took.




Love the porches! Here is my mom, sister, Nancy, and two of my nephews, Nathan and Riley.




There are some pretty plants around the porches as well. Love this beauty! Look at the pink leaves!


I am assuming the Tiffany Suite is named after my cousins grand daughter.



Here's a side porch.



The porches were not added until the home was moved and turned into an apartment house. That was probably over 100 years ago though! You can see layers of paint on the columns.


Sorry I didn't get to take many photos inside due to some rooms having guests as well as the family members occupying the public rooms. I did take a few in one of the rooms though. Sorry I didn't notice the toilet seat was up when I took this. I think because it had recently been cleaned. They had to install 7 additional bathrooms when they bought the place. My cousin said he spent most of two years working on the place to get it ready to open in 1995. This room had a small bathroom with a toilet and shower. The sink was located in the bedroom.


There's my cousin in the mirror. I absolutely love the wallpaper!




I wish I could have taken more but like I said earlier, you can see a few more on the link I shared above if you're interested.  This one was taken looking up at the bottom of an arbor. It was so pretty with the sunlight peeking through the foliage.


Here's me, Mama, and Nancy.


And again for a selfie. :)


And that my friends is it for today. I am enjoying a quiet evening at home alone as the hubby is off helping a friend at the races. Tomorrow evening I leave for an overnight trip to Tampa for a training for work. Fun! 
 I have a couple prayer requests for my praying friends. My friend Heather had a procedure done this week to burn a cancer spot out of her liver. In the process, they punctured a lung. She is doing OK and finally got to come home, but if you will please pray for that to heal completely and not give her any trouble. And, if you would say a prayer for me too. I have a cyst on my thyroid that has been there for about 10 years. I had it biopsied around 7 years ago and it was nothing to worry about. I recently had an ultrasound and the report says that it could be a normal colloid cyst but it could also be a neoplasm, which is cancer. These cysts can turn into cancer over time. It also said it will most likely need to be removed. I go to the endocrinologist Tuesday and I am sure they will biopsy it again. I pray it is not cancer and that it can be removed soon as I have two other small ones that have shown up as well. I would love for this to be taken care of before my trip to Prague. So, if you don't mind saying a prayer for Heather and myself, I would be grateful. 

Until next time.....

26 comments:

  1. Dear Sweet Vicky, you are in my prayers and your friend Heather, too. The truth is you are in my prayers very often . . . you have been such a sweet blogging friend and even though we have not formally met I have a soft spot in my heart for you. Your cousin bed & Breakfast is lovely . . . a true southern mansion . . . I love the big front porch and the fact that it is up stairs, too. beautiful :)
    Thank you for sharing. Be sure and keep us posted about your health issues . . . God bless you.
    Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will pray for you and your friend. Cancer and it's treatments are so ugly. Your cousin has a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky! :)
    I loved the tour of your cousins B&B, it looks like such a pretty place to stay and I love that they gave this beautiful old place a new lease on life! And it looks like you had a great visit with your mom and sister, loved the selfie - so cute!
    I will say a prayer for your friend and for you as well! Take good care of yourself and good luck at your upcoming appt.!! You will be in my thoughts!!
    Big Hugs!! Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest, dear Vicky! Oh, you and your friend Heather are very much in my prayers...may all go well for you and I pray the Lord may heal Heather completely...what a scary time for her and her precious family!

    Oh my! This bed and breakfast is simply incredible and oh so beautiful...I am so delighted we got to have a peek inside! What a wonderful place to have gone and stayed at!
    Aww! You, your sister and your mamma are lovely, and how special to have gotten this pictures! Certainly one to treasure forever!

    Have a blessed overnight trip to Tampa, and may you have a lovely time!
    I send you all my love and biggest hugs and keep you tight in my prayers!
    Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness! I get so excited over old homes and buildings. I would love to visit down there some time. Everything about it looks so inviting. Thank you for introducing me to this lovely bed and breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely visit Vicky. The bedroom is just how I would love to decorate mine.

    You are of course in my prayers along with your friend. I do hope all will be well and I wait to hear how you get on.

    Take care my lovely xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending prayers up for you and Heather! Oh, I would love to get a look inside that whole house!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am sad to learn of your health scare Vicky, and I will keep you and your friend in my prayers. I'm sure this is weighing heavily on your mind, but I have a feeling all will be well.

    Your cousins place is beautiful and so stately!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That bed and breakfast is just beautiful! I love hearing the history of old buildings like that. We don't have much that is that old around here. We have a lot from the 1940's when the government came in for The Manhattan Project.

    I'm so sorry to hear about yours and your friends health issues. You're both in my thoughts. I hope it's all over for the both of you soon.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a neat old home and B&B!! Glad you had a good time. I keep you in my prayers but I'll say extra for this concern dear friend. I'll also keep Heather in my prayers. Big Hugs!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope that all will be well for you and your friend. Sending you both hugs and all good thoughts for good outcomes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. And I will certainly pray for you and your friend. I'm sorry you are having to go through this testing. Hopefully it will be simple and easy to take care.

      Delete
  13. Hi Vicky! First of all, prayers to your friend. I hope she's well soon. Second, your family's B & B is gorgeous and looks so cozy! I could literally sit on that porch all day and watch the world go by!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My dear, sweet friend, please know that you and your friend are in my prayers. May you be at peace in the Lord and find encouragement in Him.

    Your photos were such a delight to look at and my, you, your mom, and your sister are such beautiful ladies! :) Much love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vicky, I'm just now catching up on all my mail...what a cool place for a family reunion. Looks like y'all had fun.
    I will definitely pray for you and Heather. Glad she will be ok! Hope you can get your procedure done before your trip and the outcome be good. Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love old buildings with history like that. I'll have to look up Mayo Florida because I have no idea where that is.

    Sending prayers of course. As an aside, my step son had thyroid cancer 5 years ago and had his thyroid removed and now he is completely cancer free. Hope that helps. xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just found your blog through Amy's at Love Made my Home. That's a fantastic B&B your cousin has built up. I will pray for you and your friend as requested.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful tour of a gorgeous B&B and great pics too! Looks like your cousin has created a wonderful place to visit. Wishing your dear friend a speedy recovery. I will be thinking about you today Vicky and of course praying for you. Glad you are getting this taken care of before your trip. xoxoxo and a big hug!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lifting you and Heather up in prayer, my friend.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful old building. So awesome that your brother was able to turn into a b&b. Prayers and healing. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sending prayers out for you and your friend Vicky. I have a friend dealing with the same thyroid problems now.

    What a lovely B & B! Lucky your family has such a fab place to visit together. How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful place and perfect B & B! Those porches are incredible.

    I will, of course, be praying for you and Heather. I pray that Heather has an easy and speedy recovery; and I pray that you don't have cancer, and will be in good shape for your trip to visit your daughter. I also pray that you will have a safe flight. That part of the world is in chaos right now, and it's all so sad.

    Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  23. Blessings and Prayers my friend..
    Hope you have a great week!
    -Tina

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my... yes you and your friend will be in my prayers!

    What a Beautiful place! Such a perfect place for a family reunion. Loved the porches, too!

    I hope you have a Blessed Thanksgiving, Vicky!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  25. They may h ave bought it for a steal but I bet they've absolutely poured blood, sweat and tears into that beautiful place! It's breathtaking, makes me want to go to FL just so I can stay there. Like you, love the porches, they make a house. Some believe it's shutters but for me, it's porches. I pray Heather is doing better, on the road to full recovery.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....