Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

A Wintry Tablescape

Hard to believe another year has come and almost gone. Christmas is over along with all the festivities that accompany it each year. I don't know about you, but I miss it when it's gone. While I am glad to have all my decorations packed away for another 11 months, the house seems bare without them. I do enjoy cleaning and rearranging after Christmas as well as creating new vignettes here and there around the house. I never did get to share my gingerbread collection, perhaps next year. Today, I will share my most recent tablescape. I took it down today because we are working in the dining room and I didn't want to risk anything being broken. It was one of my favorite tables to date! I hope you enjoy it. 

Although it hasn't been cold here in Florida, I decided to bring some winter chill to my table. Aqua blue, silver, and white were the theme, along with some sparkle and glitter. I love these goblets with the crystal ball in the stem. They were perfect for this table, along with the snowflake "coasters".


This shot was just for fun taken from over the glass.


Sequined and glittery spheres inside a tree shaped apothecary jar are perfect additions to this wintry table.


A small mirror ball ornament sits atop a snowflake in the centerpiece.


Along with a bucket of "snowballs"!


Another sphere filled jar and a mercury glass votive brings me joy.


The centerpiece was created with a milk glass dish as the base, with a mirror on top. I love my new spiral bottle brush tree. It will be a part of many vignettes in the years to come.


I was thrilled to find these white and silver snowflakes plates half off  at TJ Maxx the day after Christmas. They were $2.50 each and they had just four left. I did have my white china plates on the table, but switched them out for the new ones when I got home. The blue snowflake plates were a Goodwill find a while back.


There are 3 or 4 different snowflake designs on the plates. So perfect for this table. White napkins and silver napkin rings with a snowflake ticked in complete the look. The table runner was thrifted as well and is by Martha Stewart. Love the colors! It was the inspiration for this table.


I really enjoyed creating this table. I enjoy creating all my tablescapes. I find it very relaxing. It is fun shopping the house for just the right items to add to the table. I may throw together a table for New Year's, we shall see. I did decorate my buffet for New Year's and will be back tomorrow to share it. 


I hope you had a beautiful Christmas my friends. 
Until next time.....

9 comments:

  1. I too love shopping my house for table settings. We really don't need to go out and buy more stuff.

    Your snowy table setting looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My tree and decorations are still around for another day. Tradition has us (ME!) taking everything down on the last day of the year. I love the wintry tablescape. The plates are so fun with the flakes. I think the spiral tree should appear for Valentine's with tiny hearts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this table! It is very cool and wintry looking, perfect for the season. Both those sets of plates are divine...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have one more day and then everything is taken down and the winter clean begins. A time that my hubby dreads as I start making lists of what needs doing during the year (even bigger this year as we plan to move!). Your tablescape looks amazing and I love the plates especially, what a bargain! Have a very Happy New Year!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you had a great Christmas and that your New Year will be wonderful too! Best wishes for all good things in 2015 to you and yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and I know what ya mean.. I didn't want to put away the Christmas decor! :0) Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pretty table Vicky.

    We leave our Christmas decorations up until after New Years but, like you, I enjoy a good cleaning after they come down. That will be my weekend coming up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky this is a beautiful winter table! I love snowflakes and the blues and whites! It's been a crazy 2014 but I'm going to look forward to 2015 and lots more blogging!
    Wishing you a Joyous New Year,

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. How very beautiful, Vicky! Your photo looking through the glass on to the doily is quite beautiful, and the blues are gorgeous.
    Again, you amaze me with your bargains.

    Many blessings to you in the New Year.

    Much love, Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....