Pages

Sunday, December 4, 2016

Christmas On Willie Mae Lane

Can you believe November is over and December is here? This year has flown by! 
Looks like my Sadie Lou is saying goodbye doesn't it. She is actually looking forlornly out at her pop (the hubby) and wishing she was outside with him. She is pop's girl.


And silly Rooster couldn't figure out why he couldn't get to this kitty on the TV. I was listening to music on Hallmark several days ago. They had this yule log programming on which was just music with cats and dogs wondering on and off screen. He was so confused by it and so cute trying to look behind the TV and smell it like it was real.


Last weekend I had fun decorating the house for Christmas. I kept it pretty simple again this year. I was proud of myself for going through all my Christmas stuff and getting rid of several items, including my artificial tree. I'll share what I did with you now.

In the kitchen, I used a variety of objects I had on hand. I didn't purchase anything except a real tree this year.


I think the shelves turned out super cute. 


The windowsill had a little decor added as well. 


I kept things very simple in the kitchen. I am really enjoying it. 


This is a living room vignette.


And another one. All I added was the plaid runner and the ornaments. I recently repainted my mirror from coral to copper and I love it!


The coffee table got a runner and a cute red lantern. I love the cute pillow I got for free at Target. They were $5 in the dollar spot but I had a coupon for $5 off $10 or more, so I bought a couple of things I needed and got the pillow for free!


The clipboard got a new print for the season.


This table has a few Christmas books, some fresh cedar, and a tiny lantern.


My little area is cozy with my plaid blanket scarf draped over the back. Excuse the laptop cord.


The dining room chalkboard got a new saying. Beneath it is where my little coffee cart will be housed when we finish it. We're still waiting for the pipe to come in.


The top of the china cabinet is where my snow teacher and students reside.


The table houses a copper painted tray filled with my Christmas Carol book collection and bowl. Some balls and fresh cedar finish it off. This will change throughout the season.


I love this adorable little snow family tea light holder. I've had it for years. It was a gift from a Secret Santa at school 7 or 8 years ago.


The rest of my snowman collection is scattered around the bookcase.


I placed a few deer themed items on this rustic charger and sat it on the plant stand in the hall.


My nativity collection is on the buffet. I love this area.





I especially love this little one Miranda picked up for me in Bratislava, Slovakia before I visited her in Prague last year.


I used a set of copper wire twinkle lights from my bedroom around the picture. It is so pretty at night.


On Monday evening, Joey and I went to Home Depot and purchased a real tree. I love it!


I finally got it decorated Thursday. I had a busy week and was gone both Tuesday and Wednesday evenings, but Thursday I came home from school early because I wasn't feeling well and later that evening, I decided to decorate the tree. It turned out really pretty. I love all the memories hanging on the tree....things the kids made when they were little, ornaments I bought for them when they were growing up, ornaments from vacations and special events, some from the ornament exchanges I hosted, a few from my childhood, and so on. So many wonderful memories.


While we're on the subject of Christmas, check out the adorable Rudolph drawings my kinders completed with me earlier this week. SO stinkin' cute. Directed drawings are one of my favorite things to do with them. They are all similar but each one is unique. LOVE! They were so excited about the red glitter noses too!


And one last thing for today. Have you ever heard of Pentatonix? I discovered them a couple years ago and they are an amazing A cappella group. If you like A cappella and Christmas music, order their CD! Little Drummer Boy is my absolute favorite! I have listened to it several times already this year!


Here's the YouTube video...you have to listen. I promise it's worth the few minutes it takes. 


And speaking of music...guess who we are going to see again this year? Yep...Trans Siberian Orchestra. Miranda and Slade are going with us this year. I am so excited! This is hopefully going to be an annual tradition for Joey and I. And I know Miranda and Slade are going to love it as well! I can hardly wait! 


I am so happy you stopped by to visit. I am really trying to get back to posting and visiting more often. I am always so thrilled to hear for all of you and think about you often. If you have an Instagram, come follow me. Just click on the link on the right in the side bar. I would love to follow you and keep up with you there! 

Until next time.....

 
 

15 comments:

  1. Good Morning Vicky, and happy early Christmas. Your home looks amazing! I love the Nativity that Miranda picked up for you in Bratislava, Slovakia. It is beautiful. We are also fans of Pentatonix, they are incredible, my favorite is Mary Did You Know. The first time I heard it I cried. The other thing that you did that truly touch my heart was the banner on your globe. That is so brilliant, and out of the box creative. What a lovely idea!
    Enjoy your real tree, We don't do that anymore, but there is nothing that smell like Christmas more than a real tree :)
    Keep Smiling!
    Your blogging sister, Connie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicky your home is looking so festive! I'm doing less this year also and enjoying it more. I love Pentatonix! I am looking for a Nativity to add to my home this year. I have a couple but I would love to find a vintage one. Enjoy your family time. I'm busy with church activities and family time! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vicky, wow your house looks so pretty decorated for Christmas. I love your Christmas tree and how nice to have bought it at Home Depot. I still have not decorated my house yet! I will be working on that this week and I'm still shopping and then I need to start wrapping too. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas season. I bet you can't wait for the Christmas break. Have a wonderful week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your Christmas decor Vicky! The buffet looks fabulous too...I am still working on decorating. Take Care :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your home is looking quite festive, Vicky. We always have a real tree, I just love the smell.

    Enjoy the concert, I hope it does become an annual tradition for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks wonderful, Vicky! Rooster made me smile...I can just see him trying to figure out where that kitty is! I miss having a real tree but I like to put mine up early and it would dry out too soon. But I miss going and picking one out! Your kinders reindeer are adorable. What fun! And red glitter too! 😊
    Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Silly Rooster, so cute! :)
    I just love all of your decorations and decorating Vicky! Like you, I have been downsizing my Christmas décor...since our downsizing move it has made me realize that less is more for me. My Christmas décor was getting way out of hand...when my home started to resemble the North Pole I knew I had a problem! ;)
    It's so nice that Miranda is back now for this Christmas...I am sure you missed her last year!
    Loved seeing the reindeer your kiddos did, so cute!
    Wishing you a happy rest of your week friend! Big Hugs, Kimberley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your home is beautiful and very festive! I live how you have a theme for each room. Your snowman collection is awesome! And a real tree...nice! I keep telling my hubby we should go cut down one...maybe next year! ;)
    I love all the reindeer your kiddos made...they did a great job!!
    I hope your week is a delightful one!
    Hugs to you,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Vicky! Your real tree looks so pretty, and it sounds like you're really appreciating it :). Growing up we always had a faux tree, but as adults it's real all the way for me. It's a little more involved and requires a bit more coordinating, but worth it.

    I'm sure you're anxiously waiting for your Christmas break! So much to do this time of year.

    Enjoy the season!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cute holiday decorations! I love everything. It's so cozy and comfy.I hope you have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super cute holiday decorations! I love everything. It's so cozy and comfy.I hope you have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vicky! Your decor looks so warm and pretty. Happy to see you back posting too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your simplified decorations. It is all so cozy and Christmasy. There is nothing like a real tree!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your home looks really pretty for Christmas. I love that you added touches everywhere!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....