Pages

Saturday, October 11, 2014

A Whimsical Week

"S" is for Saturday! Hope you're having a happy one...:) 


I thought I would share a cute little art project my kinders made yesterday. Our letter of the week was "S", so we made silly, spotted snakes! Aren't they cute? I ordered some glittery bingo daubers from Amazon and they used them to spot their snakes after they cut them out. They added some brightly colored googly eyes to finish them off. They did a great job and had such fun making them.
I love the way they look hanging in our window...:)


We also make crayon box hand prints....so fun! We read a book titled The Handiest Things In the World and made this to go along with it. Cute or what? Their parents will love them.


OK...enough kindergarten stuff, let me share what I did today. I, along with Mama, my sister, and niece went to a neighboring town for a festival called Pioneer Day. It was a nice day out. I didn't take many photos, but I will share the ones I did. First up is my delicious funnel cake. I love these delectable fried concoctions! The saying on the cup says it all...:) It was so good.....but I was nice and shared with mama. 


The festival used to have more old fashioned activities going on. They were grinding sugar cane today to make int cane syrup. Most of you have probable never tasted it...I personally don't like it. I used to love cane grinding every fall though when I was young. My grandpa and granny used to do it every year. Sweet memories! I haven't been to this festival in years and it has changed a bit, but it was still really nice. This old house is on the property. I love the breezeway that runs down the middle of the house. There were lots of Christmas quilts hanging on the porch and railings...so pretty! 


This adorable calf caught my attention....isn't it precious. Such a unique and pretty color. He was so sleepy, but he did wake up when someone was petting him so I was able to snap a quick photo. There were many goats & bunnies waiting to be petted too as well as ponies waiting to be ridden.


I love to walk around and look at all the handmade items. Seems like there are more and more booths that have what I call junk these days though. This one was by far my favorite and the only one I purchased anything in. If you can't tell, they are wind chimes made of glass. 


When I walked inside, the owner shook the frame, causing all the chimes to start moving and making their beautiful sound. It was absolutely enchanting. I could have stood in there all day looking at and listening to all the beautiful, whimsical chimes. 


Since the park is very shaded, it was hard to get good photos of just how beautiful they were with the sun shining through. The cobalt blue glass reflected so pretty on the ground. There was a variety of items the glass was attached to....birdcages, conch shells, driftwood, miniature bicycles, candle holders, mirrors, and so on. Each one unique and beautiful. I bought three strands to make my own using something I already own. 


We are finally going to be able to start building our dream porch around Christmas and my wind chime will be so pretty hanging on it. I'll be sure to share when I get it made. This one below was made with all clear and frosted glass and chandelier crystals. It was gorgeous! I love the name of their craft.....Chaos Glass. I asked them if I could take photos and share on my blog and they said sure! I was going to share their information, but the web address she gave me wouldn't work. Anywho, I hope you enjoyed looking at them!


I didn't take any photos at the other booth, but they had the most uniquely adorable quilts I have ever seen. I got this one from their Facebook page. I think the bears were my favorite, but they were all so cute.
You can check them out on their Facebook page here

Source
I hope you had a wonderful week...I sure did! The hubby and I celebrated our 26th wedding anniversary on Wednesday the 8th. I am so blessed to have such a loving husband....he makes me whole. Anywho, we went out for a nice dinner....I had fried shrimp! Then Thursday my sister and I went to visit our friend Heather after work. Most of you probably remember me sharing Heather's battle with cancer. She is doing very well right now. She recently had another PET scan and the cancer is still inactive. Such awesome news! So, a beautiful week and another one in store, because life is beautiful every day. You just have to look a little harder for it some days. I am thankful for each and every day....and I am thankful for each and every one of you! I'll be sharing information about the ornament exchange soon! So...stay tuned!
 Have a wonderful weekend and week to come!


16 comments:

  1. A prayer and a hug for Heather. Thanks for taking us along for the festival. the funnel cake looks so tempting. Great news about the porch. I miss having a true porch instead of just a patio. The snakes are adorable. I used to beg for student artwork to keep. I would love a whole wall of the s-s-s-s-nakes-s-s-s-!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi There, firstly so glad Heather is doing well!!! And I love wind chimes so much.
    We have such high winds here that they never last long . But I still love them, my Mother had them in her yard. I bet you are a great teacher. And congrats on the wedding anniversary.
    Have a great Fall... Yours, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME news about your friend Heather! I love the kindy pictures so cute. Looks like you had a fabulous time have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like great day and I love those wind chimes also! Great projects with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun your kindergarten class must be!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so pleased that your friend has received good news! As for those wind chimes, the blue one has to be my favourite. What a great week you have had!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Vicky! I'm so happy Heather is doing well...God is good!
    Love the glass wind chimes too. How exciting you get to build your porch soon. Yay!
    Oh, earlier I tried to open your blog and I got a message saying it had been removed. Glad it wasn't true!
    Have a great week! Hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've had a busy week Vicki! And I can only begin to imagine how much fun your kindergarten class must be! Great news about Heather too!

    I also received a broken link notice about your blog. Maybe it was down for a bit?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a good week for you. Love to see what your Kinders make! The glass chimes are gorgeous!! Glad you got some pics of them. Sounds like you had a good time. Happy Anniversary!
    Big Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vicky, it sounds like you had a fun time on Saturday! Wishing you a Happy Anniversary and many more happy ones. I hope you have a nice week.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! A long marriage with a good guy sure makes life better. Glad to read good news on your friend. Such a cute project for your kinders.

    It is both sad and disappointing when cheap junky booths are let into previously great festivals. There are so many talented crafty folks who should be there instead.

    Thanks for sharing. I love those funnel cakes myself. Guess if it was my mom I would share, but not with just anybody, lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful booth with all the glass chimes. I definitely would have stopped at that one. Happy Anniversary to you and your hubby! 26 years is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your kinders must have the most fun! Those chimes are sooo gorgeous and I'd love that booth too. That's such great news about your friend Heather. I'm so glad she's doing well. Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love it when you share what you do with your pupils! Next Saturday is the begining of our fall break. I really need time at home to work and get lessons ready, because this week there's a little too much improvising!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute craft ideas! The festival looks like such a fun place and so many crafty treasures too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I miss kinder so much, what fun! Now I have third. The festival looks like the one we have here with lots of handmade crafts. Love it!
    Hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....