Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2014

Meet Lucy

Goodness....it's been a week again! It seems I stay too busy to create or do anything blog worthy recently. Life is good though so no complaints from me. I do hope to find some time in the near future to craft or create something though! I haven't even done much thrifting lately either. I do want to introduce you to Lucy today though! No...I didn't get a new pet or anything like that, but, as some of you may remember me mentioning, I did get a new vehicle. And....here she is!


I just love her! I had been driving a 2001 Ford Expedition for the past 11 years and it was giving us a little trouble, had a lot of miles on it and was just too big for me since my kids are grown up now......so, we decided to go ahead and upgrade. I bought this pre-owned  2014 Chevy Equinox LT. It is so nice and like brand new....even still smells new! Here she is from the back. My education license plate even looks great on her.


Here's what the plate looks like...:)


She's a girly girl with her gold bow. I just love it....gold is my favorite metallic as you may know.


Here's the inside. I am thrilled with all the features she came with....back-up camera, blue tooth, OnStar (if I subscribe), and many more. The blue tooth is so nice and saves me having to use my hands and take my eyes off the road to dial my cell phone. I just press the button on the steering wheel and give it a command and it dials for me. The radio stops playing and the person I am talking to is on the speakers. So cool! Oh...she gets great gas mileage too...something my old vehicle did not.


Here's a shot of the trunk area. It is very spacious. I have a can of paint there that I have to exchange...got the wrong kind. Hopefully we will get back to working on the house soon. We really want to finish the living and dining room trim and doors before the holidays.


I think my favorite thing about Lucy is that she lights up in aqua blue at night! If you know me at all, you know I love aqua blue! She was made to be mine...:)


I ordered a monogram to put on the back glass. I was just going to get my initials, but while browsing Etsy,  I found this apple one for teachers. I fell in love...:) I ordered the gold glitter and it is perfect!


Here's a close-up...:)


I wish I had something more to share. Hopefully soon! I do plan to run to the thrift store before my Dr. appointment tomorrow after school. I've had a $10 loyalty card filled up for over a month, just waiting to spend it. I only hope I find something on my list or something I need since I am trying to be much more selective in my buying. If I get something good, I'll share soon! 
I pray each of you has a blessed and beautiful week. 

Until next time.....
 
 

16 comments:

  1. Hi Vicky, wow congrats on getting a new car! It's always fun driving a new car and wishing you happiness with it! Happy driving and have a nice week.
    Julie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy is lovely! I love you dressed her with a gold glitter apple with your initials. I have not driven this model because my 1996 Blazer may get jealous. I do hope you get to shop - I am missing your finds. Keep the kinders in line. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The car is beautiful...you did great picking it out. I also have an Equinox and really love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the new car, she's a beauty! I haven't had a new(er) car in a long time either, I bet it feels nice to drive around!

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Lucy! She is a beauty, Vicky.
    I would love the aqua as well. That has become a color of choice for me this year.
    Enjoy shopping tomorrow!
    Joy to you! Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  6. *wolf whistle* very nice, I'm sure you're going to have many lovely road trips in her. Also never worry about life getting in the way of blogging that's a great thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am drooling... I LOVE your new ride! I've been driving my van for 12 years now so I know how you feel.... ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vicky I love your new car and it is so you! The apple is perfect for you also. I am still driving my Honda CR-V and love it. Take care and I too hope to find some time to craft soon and share it on my blog.

    LInda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on getting Lucy! Wishing the two of you a very long and happy life together :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Lucy is fabulous! I'm so happy for you. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your new toy! She's beautiful, and I understand completely about Bluetooth. I had it in our Lexus, but when we moved to the cabin full time we sold it and while I don't miss the car, I DO miss Bluetooth. Would you believe it's still legal to talk on your cell while driving in Massachusetts? Nevertheless, I don't like doing it.

    I'm only posting once a week now also Vicky. I thought when I retired I would post more, but the opposite happened! lol Life is for living, not for sitting hunched over a keyboard every day 😉

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gold AND Aqua !!!
    Congratulations Vicky !
    XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhh la la, she's a beauty! I love your new car, Vicky. Hugs to you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations, Vicky! She's beautiful! Isn't nice to have all those features? (I love my Bluetooth too!). I am so happy for you.
    Big hugs,
    Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very, very nice, Vicky! What a wonderful new treat for you to enjoy!

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    Hugs,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello Vicky, Well, praise God! It is such a blessing when the Lord gives us a new car! I am so happy for you! Hope your school year is going well. And your home turned out so beautiful! It takes a lot to keep all our irons in the fire.
    May you enjoy your weekend!
    Love, Roxy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so very much for taking time to leave such kind words for me. Your sweet comments make my heart smile!
I always reply to comments by e-mail, so please make sure you are not a no-reply commenter! Blessings!

Recent Posts.....